Data Warehouse Architect
|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Start Date / End Date: ||02/06/2023 to 08/05/2023|
Genesis10 is seeking a Data Warehouse Architect for a 6 month contract position with a corporate investment banking company located in Boston, MA. This is a hybrid position and will require being onsite 2-3 days per week.
The role represents an exciting opportunity to join the Engineering Group working closely with Quantitative Research Analysts. We need experienced "data centric " people to help understand and document the current platform. This would involve working directly with the Quants team to see what they do and how they operate. The role would involve helping the Quants team with their current platform but also starting to help with the build out of a modern cloud based data platform which will eventually replace the current solution.
- In this client facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You'll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
- Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration.
- Work in collaboration with peers and contribute to new technology discussions.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements, relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy.
- Calmly deal with issues; being happy to get stuck in to help fix issues and assist in identifying causes and effectively dealing with them.
- Design and deliver technical data solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration
- Collaborate on requirements gathering for ongoing enhancements to the data platform
- Supports the development and implementation of the data strategy that enables current and future data analysis and reporting requirements in alignment with the overall strategy, data plan and priorities.
- Utilizes best practices to ensure data delivery, including data technology, is effectively planned and delivered.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of appropriate practices, standards, governance and risk management processes for data delivery
- Maintains data quality and adoption requirements
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge:
- Excellent SQL with preferred platform SQL Server
- Deep knowledge with Python, with experience building production quality data pipelines and analytical jobs using it.
- Proven experience working directly with the business.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Friendly persona - must be able to build relationships
- Good documentation skills
- Experience with SQL based file / data loader
- Familiarity with financial terms and concepts used in Investment Management.
- Progressive mindset / "Can do attitude " - someone who can help with addressing the issues of the existing platform without being overwhelmed.
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no corp to corp)
- Experience reverse engineering solutions
- Experience with orchestration and scheduling tools
- Strong experience in implementation of efficient ETL and ELT processes for large data sets, preferably with market and trading data providers
- Experience with public cloud (Azure, GCP or AWS)
- Experience with Cloud Data Platforms such as Snowflake or Databricks
- Experience with Kafka or other streaming platforms
- Experience with test driven development (TDD) and automated testing. Experience with BDD is nice to have
- Strong experience and understanding of DataOps practice and tools (includes DevOps/GIT source code and CI/CD tools)
- Experience with Docker/Containers/Kubernetes and micro service-based architecture
- Experience with dataiku
- Experience with SAS
- Knowledge or prior experience of quantitative financial analysis Ideally you'll be
- An advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation.
- A technical polyglot with experience of shipping production code across a full-stack environment.
- A fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams.
- An enthusiastic innovator and creative problem solver, with a passion for technology. Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- People (team-working/collaboration skills)
- Build relationships with engineers and teams across the business to ensure close working practices and productive processes
- Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence)
- Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Quality focused with an eye for detail
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
Behavioral Health Platform
Medical, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Account
Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.