|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
||New York, New York
Dallas, TXCharlotte, NCPennington, NJ|
|Start Date / End Date: ||10/31/2022 to 10/31/2023|
Genesis10 is currently seeking an Application Programmer with our client in the financial industry in their New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Dallas, TX and Pennington, NJ locations. This is a 12 month + contract position.
- Support Data and Analytics Platform, Information Management and Solution Delivery
- Ensures design and engineering approach for complex data solutions is consistent across multiple flows and systems, while building processes to support data transformation, data structures, metadata, data quality controls, dependency and workload management
- Responsible to define internal controls, identify gaps in data management standards adherence and work with appropriate partners to develop plans to close the same, lead concept and experimentation testing to synthesize the results and validate and improve the solution, document and communicate required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality
- May be required to mentor more junior Data Engineers and coach team members in delivery/release activities
- 3-6 years' experience in Hadoop stack and storage technologies, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, HIVE, sqoop, Impala , spark, flume, kafka and oozie
- Extensive Knowledge on Bigdata Enterprise architecture (Cloudera preferred)
- Excellent analytical capabilities - Strong interest in algorithms
- Experienced in HBase, RDBMS, SQL, ETL and data analysis
- Experience in No SQL Technologies (ex., Cassandra/ MongoDB, etc.)
- Experienced in scripting(Unix/Linux) and scheduling (Autosys)
- Experience with team delivery/release processes and cadence pertaining to code deployment and release
- Research oriented, motivated, pro-active, self-starter with strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills
- A team player with good verbal and written skills, capable of working with a team of Architects, Developers, Business/Data Analysts, QA and client stakeholders
- Versatile resource with balanced development skills and business acumen to operate at a fast and accurate speed
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles. Continuously evaluate new technologies, innovate and deliver solution for business-critical applications
Pay Range: $51.73 - $59.73
- Object-oriented programming and design experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks, including JUnit
- Python IDEs (Django, Flask), data wrangling and analytics in a python based environment
- Fundamentals of Python – Data Structures, Collections, Pandas for file and other type of data handling, visualizations, etc.
- Visual Analytics Tools knowledge (Tableau)
- Experience with Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence and Industry standard tools integrated with Hadoop ecosystem (R , Python)
- Data Integration, Data Security on Hadoop ecosystem (Kerberos)
- Any Big Data certification (ex., Cloudera's CCP, CCA)
Only candidates available and ready to work directly as Genesis10 employees will be considered for this position.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
Ranked a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts for six consecutive years, Genesis10 puts thousands of consultants and employees to work across the United States every year—in contract, contract-for-hire, and permanent placement roles. With more than 300 active clients, Genesis10 provides access to many of the Fortune 100 firms and a variety of mid-market organizations across the full spectrum of industry verticals.
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
• Access to hundreds of clients, most who have been working with Genesis10 for 5-20+ years.
• The opportunity to have a career-home in Genesis10; many of our consultants have been working exclusively with Genesis10 for years.
• Access to an experienced, caring recruiting team (more than 7 years of experience, on average.)
• Behavioral Health Platform
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Health Savings Account
• Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
• Voluntary Term Life Insurance
• Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
• Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
• Remote opportunities available
For multiple years running, Genesis10 has been recognized as a Top Staffing Firm in the U.S., as a Best Company for Work-Life Balance, as a Best Company for Career Growth, for Diversity, and for Leadership, amongst others. To learn more and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at our website.
Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.