|Category: ||Experienced Professional |
|Position Type:||Direct Placement|
|Start Date: ||10/03/2022|
Genesis10 is seeking a Sytems Engineer for our client in the automotive industry. This direct hire position is a remote opportunity.
W2 Hourly Pay rate range: $130 - $140K
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to support, troubleshoot, automate and maintain the IT Infrastructure of internal and external customer environments. This includes Windows server administration, Linux server administration, Enterprise storage management, virtualization, performance tuning, backup/restore and Automation of operational duties. The Systems Engineer will research and resolve technical problems under the supervision of the Systems Engineering Manager. This position will also help develop/improve Systems Engineering documentation.
Seeking team players with excellent communication skills and can manage assignments independently. The ideal candidate will have a nurturing personality and the desire to help in the development and mentoring of others. In this role, you will support multiple Data Centers as well as the cloud infrastructure, specifically AWS.
Candidates must have a Systems Administration background with 3+ years of experience and have worked in an agile, project-orientated, enterprise environment.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, best practices, and configuration(s).
- Develop and Follow project plans, design, and implement solutions.
- Engineer applications to automate operational tasks to automate the Systems Infrastructure.
- Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application installs and patch management, problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Assist with providing Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, operating system management, network security, directory services, server virtualization, using system backup and restore, system and system monitoring, application installation and configuration.
- Assist and generates with weekly reports.
- Utilize superior customer service skills at all times.
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
- Ready to participate in 24x7 on-call rotations.
- Maintain configuration management for multiple environments.
- Provide root cause analysis and corrective actions for issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or related field
- 3+ years experience working in a Linux environment.
- 3+ years experience with Systems or hardware administration
- 3+ years experience with any configuration management tool (Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Chef)
- 2+ years experience with VMware administration
- Experience with the following protocols: SSH, NFS, HTTP(S), DNS, SMTP.
- Ability to work under pressure, solve complex technical problems quickly (minutes or hours), automate processes and solutions using available tools and develop in-house tools where necessary.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Red Hat Linux and CentOS Linux distributions.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking and data communication technologies such as HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, SSH, TCP, NAT along with basic knowledge of distributed computing environments.
- Hands-on experience with VMware Esxi 6/7.
- Understanding Load Balancing as well as experience with one or more web servers such as Apache HTTPD or Nginx.
- Understanding of Object Storage platforms such as Amazon S3, Scality or Swiftstack.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Saltstack, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with log management tools like Elasticsearch, Splunk, Graylog or any others.
- Basic experience with Kubernetes or any container technologies.
- Understanding and ability to diagnose and troubleshoot enterprise class servers as well as Storage(SAN).
- Working knowledge of CI/CD and Git.
- Front-end development skills in addition to the above skills are highly desired.
- Strong documentation skills.
Only W2 candidates will be considered for this position.
Salary: $120-130K (based of experience)
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
As a Genesis10 consultant, we are proud to offer access to the following benefits:
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply!
- Medical and dental insurance
- Bi-weekly payroll
- 401k plan
- Successful re-marketing program
- Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project.
To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
“Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”