Previous Job
Previous
IT Network Security Analyst
Ref No.: 20-01224
Category: Experienced Professional
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Position Type:Right to Hire
Start Date / End Date: 02/18/2020 to 03/01/2023
Genesis10 is actively seeking IT Network Security Analyst for Contract to Hire with our client located in Des Moines, Iowa.
 
 
Description:
  • Will be used as an expert to understand traffic flow through the firewall and identify ways to provide automation to move the NSI service as close to a SaaS as possible.
  • 70% of the day will be focused on project that strategically move the Firewall, proxy and RAVPN forward as a service. The remaining 30% will be used to troubleshoot operational issues.
Requirements:
  • Bachelor's degree in computer related field or equivalent work experience plus 6-10 years of work experience in IT field required.
  • Understanding of information security and best practices when implementing rulesets, access control lists, and whitelist.
  • Previous experience with: Next gen firewall technologies, Intrusion Prevention technologies, Internet Proxy, Remote access technologies and DDOS mitigation.
  • Intermediate level of network skills, including switching, routing, and basic network troubleshooting
  • Technical skills required:  Check Point Firewall, McAfee Proxy, Web Application Firewall service with F5, and Pulse RAVPN
  • Ability to effectively communicate/partner with peers
  • Scripting to automate.
  • Advanced network or security skills required.
  • Advanced planning/organizational, problem-solving, analytical, time management, decision-making, and communication skills required, as well as solid leadership and basic presentation skills.
  • Must be able to effectively communicate technical security plans, strategies, and designs to all levels of the company.
  • Basic knowledge of Linux operating system
  • Some travel may be required, including overnight stays. May be required to provide on-call support.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
 
About Genesis10:
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”