Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Health Resources Guide’s primary responsibilities center around establishing trusting, supportive, collaborative relationships with seniors and their families and caregivers.
Health Resources Guides build relationships with members and consumers in a newly launched setting, embedded in Walgreens stores in the Kansas City metro area, working alongside customer service representatives, store management, clinical providers, and market leadership as part of a dynamic, collaborative and empathetic team.
• Establish trusted advisor relationship with members, consumers and their families
• Learn to employ confidence-promoting techniques in communication and help inspire self-efficacy to better manage overall health and well-being
• Assess learning needs and motivate individuals to make healthy changes through all available interactions
• Consult with individuals on their health and wellness needs and provide available resources to them
• Learn about the chronic health conditions that span the local population in order to help members and consumers better understand their chronic conditions, why they matter, and how they can manage them • Assist members and consumers in developing sustainable behaviors for wellness and prevention
• Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources to help eliminate barriers to care
• Collaborate with partners inside of store to facilitate additional educational opportunities
• Coach using an action-planning model based on motivational interviewing techniques
• Participate broadly in the daily operations of the Health Resources desk, such as: assisting with desk inquiries, ensuring general upkeep of the space, answering incoming phone calls, ensuring open and timely communication with Walgreens and/or Partners in Primary Care associates, etc.
• Learn core offering to contribute to and facilitate care navigation
• Problem-solve and develop effective solutions within a fast-paced environment
• Organize and manage multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools
• Actively engage members, consumers and their families
• Capture relevant information
• Understand when and how to refer to pharmacy resources
• Understand when and how to refer to other clinical resources
• Bachelors in Health, Health Education, Nursing, Social Work, Education, Sociology, Psychology, Gerontology or related field OR Licensed Practice Nurse or related field with >5 years’ experience in effective delivery of Healthcare Education and/or Wellness programs (preferably with Seniors)
• Experience in a team-based service environment with exceptional interpersonal, public speaking and presentations skills and exceptional listening abilities
• Previous experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness teaching
• Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources.
• Strong attention to detail and exceptional follow up skills
• Compassionate, kind, empathetic and open-minded
• Intermediate to advanced technical knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel within market to assigned location(s)
CHES certification, or the ability to obtain certification, based upon relevant education
• Bilingual is VERY desirable (Spanish)
Apply by creating/using an account