Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role: Test Technician A
Location: Millersville, MD
Duration: 4+ Months Contract
Major purpose: Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Test Technician tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production mechanical, electronic and fiber optic components, parts, equipment and systems. Primary focus is in the areas of signal conditioning electronics, network based telemetry systems, electronic instrumentation, test equipment, etc. Reads work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test procedures to determine assembly and test methods for electrical, fiber optic and mechanical components.
1. Conducts functional and continuity tests of electrical and optical assemblies, components, and harnesses using ohmmeters, oscilloscopes, and other test equipment.
2. Recommend changes in test procedures and test specifications to improve performance and functional testing of production or prototype components.
3. Set up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model per test procedures.
4. Assist engineers in troubleshooting of failed production or prototype components under their direction and guidance.
5. Draw on expertise from Mechanical and Electronics Engineers, where needed, to assist with relevant parts of the project.
6. Responsible for following product test procedures, equipment operation and sound safety practices as documented in the company’s quality system manual.
7. Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
1. May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Education and Experience:
1. Technical Certificate from an accredited school or college preferred, but related 2 years of technical experience will be considered.
2. Two (2) years plus of related technical experience is preferred, but recent high school graduates will be considered based on course work and grades
Certificates and Licenses Required:
1. Valid state driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to speak, read, and writes the English language.
2. Ability to read and interpret work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test procedures to determine assembly and test methods for electrical and mechanical components.
3. Ability to record accurate test data and write a concise report of findings.
4. Good interpersonal skills; pays attention to detail; and ability to meet deadlines.
1. Exerts up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 to 25 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
2. Excellent manual dexterity is required to operate the technical instruments and equipment appropriate to assembly.
3. Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers frequently in handling tools and equipment necessary to assemble and test electrical and electronics components in military sonar systems and commercial geophysical equipment. Also, working on computers and other office equipment.
4. Employee occasionally stands and/or walks and reaches with hands and arms in moving tools, equipment and/or products or to go into meeting with Engineering Department for work discussions with supervisors
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
1. Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
2. Willing to travel on occasion.
1. Interacts with the Engineering Department and provides support to other technical personnel.
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation