Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Chesterfield, VA - Onsite
Duration: Long term, C2H for high performers.
· Minimize the adverse effect on the business of incident and problems caused by capacity related issues in the infrastructure and to proactively prevent the occurrence of such incidents and problems
· Ensure the successful, timely reactive and proactive resolution or initiation of resolution of detected capacity issues, including notification and escalation of high priority issues in infrastructure
· Strong understanding of Server Capacity standards & have clear demarcation on setting capacity recommendations
· Design, Develop and Maintain Periodic Capacity plan – Capacity plan includes monitoring, trending, forecasting and assessing new demand
· Create and Present Comprehensive Capacity Reports on various IT Infrastructure aspects of Data Center to Customers. Provide trend analysis and present improvement plans specific to performance and capacity of Systems
· Establish Demand assessment/management – Process ad-hoc and routine demands. Provide Analysis and cost effective recommendations
· Interface with monitoring tools to ensure required capacity monitoring and tools configuration to get output required for capacity analysis are met.
· Good knowledge in presenting different types of charts using MS Excel.
· Good in Excel formulas such as VLOOKUP, COUNT, IF, MATCH, ISNA, IFERROR, PIVOTING etc.
· Good in Excel SORTING, SUBTOTAL and using ‘Variables’ in formulas.
· Proactive prevention of issues – trend analysis, targeting support action and communication
· Participate in new service offering design reviews; provide input from capacity point of view
· Participate in capacity management process definition, design & maintenance
· Monthly & ad-hoc reporting, capacity related incident review on demand
· Attending performance related issues & provide solutions from the capacity point of view.
· Identifying improvement opportunities and provide recommendations, or refer to business.
· Over all 8 + Years of experience in IT Systems Management with at least 2 Years’ experience in Capacity Analysis, Capacity Management and Reporting
· Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis & Reporting
· Capacity Analysis using Trend & Forecast (Predictive Analysis) methods
· Good understanding of data center/network environment
· Reporting knowledge using System, Network & Application Monitoring tools
· Good understanding of Server (CPU / MEM / DISK) concepts, SAN Storage Concepts, Database concepts, VMware & Virtualization concepts
· Excellent Skills in Presentation using Word & PowerPoint
· Advanced expertise in using MS Excel
· Good understanding of Server hardware & Functionality
· Server Administration background (Any UNIX Flavor and / or Windows)
· Background of Infrastructure Monitoring Tools Administration & Deployment (ehealth/Nagios/Xymon)
· Networking SNMP concepts and working functionality of network devices such as Routers, Switches & Firewalls.
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation