Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Below is the Job Description for your reference:-
Title: Manager Financial Planning
Location: White Plains, NY
Duration: Direct hire
The Manager of Financial Planning oversees the Financial Planning group in the preparation of CLIENT’s short-term and intermediate financial forecasts for use in establishing near-term corporate budgets and aiding senior and executive management in their decision making processes concerning risk assessments, and economic and competitive analyses. The Manager of Financial Planning directs the Financial Planning group in the successful and timely preparation of the 2801 Cash Flow Receipts and Expenditures Report, the Preliminary Four Year Budget and Financial Plan and the Final Four Year Budget and Financial Plan. This role oversees the completion and distribution of the CLIENT Financial Plan booklet, the documentation of an Assumptions Package for the four-year forecast, several PARIS filings in compliance with OSC regulations, and the monthly forecast update of the current year’s budget.
• Provide oversight in the analysis, monitoring and compilation of annual budgets and business plans as well as provide updates and regular progress reports, and conduct analysis on major projects or other potential enterprise activities.
• Oversee and review budget forecasts for CLIENT, and net revenue estimates for individual projects and customer groupings.
• Ensure that the Financial Operating Forecast (OF) model is accurate and is updated to keep pace with changing market conditions, CLIENT policies and procedures, current legislation and the needs of internal/external stakeholders. Identify and implement additional reports to present data in a concise and useful fashion.
• Provide direction to Financial Analysts during the Annual Operating Forecast process in producing CLIENT’s net income and cash-flow projections.
• Provide oversight of the monthly forecast updates to the fiscal year budget and explain variances via graphs, charts and reports to advise Senior and Executive Management of important changes.
• Coordinate monthly forecast updates with the Enterprise Risk Group to facilitate their analysis of net income and cash flow risk associated with energy price volatility and various enterprise activity outcomes.
• Oversee the preparation of the Annual Revenue Requirement / Cost-of-Service studies for CLIENT’s Southeast New York Governmental Customers (NYC and Westchester separately) working in collaboration with customers pursuant to each contract’s terms. Support Marketing in the preparation of energy charge adjustment calculations and related rate design.
• Manage development of Revenue Requirement / Cost-of-Service studies for CLIENT’s Niagara and St. Lawrence hydroelectric facilities. Oversee the computation of annual Rate Stabilization Reserve (“RSR”) balance. Develop a process to ensure that the RSR information is provided to affected preference customers via reports and meetings and ensure that requested back-up data is provided. Keep Senior Management apprised of the progress and outcome of this critical annual process.
• Prepare Revenue Requirement / Cost-of-Service studies, as required, for other CLIENT facilities including: Transmission, Flynn, and Blenheim-Gilboa Projects.
• Create and document procedures, processes, methods and data flows necessary to develop each type of CLIENT performed Revenue Requirement/ Cost of Service study
• Provide guidance to staff on all customer-requested, Cost-of-Service related, Monthly Variance and Analysis Reports for CLIENT’s Southeast New York Governmental Customers.
• Oversee the development of CLIENT’s Long Range Financial Plan (LRFP) that provides Senior Management with information concerning the long-term profitability of CLIENT and its individual facilities as well as providing relevant and up-to-date cash metrics such as projected cash flows and debt service ratios.
• Work with the Risk Group to develop a process where the LRFP model output is integrated with enterprise risk software in order to provide an accurate risk profile assessment of the Authority’s long-term strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Oversee the development of LRFP presentation given to Trustees and Senior Management at annual Strategic Planning Conference.
• Develop and monitor a set of financial metrics for CLIENT consistent with the view taken by each of the Rating Agencies in their assessment of CLIENT. Support Treasury in preparation for Rating Agency presentations.
• Oversee calculation of monetized hydropower for the Host Communities Fund and Waterfront Development Fund as dictated by the Niagara Relicensing Agreements and calculation of the Expansion Power net revenues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong leadership, planning and organizational skills required to manage a complex process involving many different departments within CLIENT as well as customers, their consultants, and related contracts.
• Strong managerial skills required to manage a staff of professionals and the contractual requirements for each customer segment in a constant evolving marketplace.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to interact with various internal CLIENT staff as well as customers in training and in collaborative rate-making processes pursuant to long-term contracts.
• High degree of analytical/problem solving capability to analyze large volumes of data, interpret historical trends, identify key strategic issues and problems and recommend solutions in a very timely manner commensurate with the constant evolving energy market
• Excellent statistical and quantitative analysis skills with the use of spreadsheets and databases to develop past and future financial trends.
• Ability to analyze financial, marketing and operational data and make recommendations to establish strategic benchmarks and goals is required.
• Strong understanding of oil & gas markets, wholesale power markets, hedging structures and instruments is required.
• Knowledge of financial and bond markets is preferred.
• Knowledge of more than one of the following areas is required: marketing plans, budget process, rate design, contract interpretations, investment / cash management policies and procedures, accounting policy, or plant operations.
• Advanced PC-based skills including knowledge of SAP, BW, Excel and Access database.
• Ability to ensure the promptness of departmental deliverables and ensure that financial models are kept current, procedures are maintained and followed and data is properly and sufficiently analyzed prior to report distribution.
• Ability to take a proactive approach to identify opportunities to improve efficiency of work processes and computer model systems.
• In-depth knowledge of and strong background in Economics, Finance, or Accounting is required.
• In depth knowledge of the electric/utility industry and NYISO market required.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
• General knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, with the ability to clearly explain and present concepts in multiple areas of expertise to peers and management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Mathematics, or related discipline is required.
• An advanced degree is Finance or Accounting is preferred.
• Minimum of 15 years of broad experience in a Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Risk Management or relative financial role is required.
• Knowledge of NYISO marketplace is preferred
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation