Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
potential to be hired full time at Client after contract
The Machinist I will be responsible to perform basic operation of machine tools to produce/fabricate precision parts. Applies basic knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures. Ensures conformance to specifications and continues production consistent with established procedures.
• Machine parts to specifications using tools such as lathes, drill press, VTL and milling machines.
• Read blueprints, drawings, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work.
• Perform dimensional layout on all machined parts to confirm conformity to prints and other routing instructions. Ensure applicable documentation is complete ie sign off on job routers, SIS (Source Inspections Sheets) etc, and computer entry.
• Advanced knowledge of precision measuring tools such as dial and vernier calipers, depth mics, ball mics, etc.
• Identify multiple surface finishes.
• Deburr and stamp parts to specifications.
• Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, jaw attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
• Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining/threading process. Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Able to maintain a clean work area to include emptying waste container, used oil, sweeping chips, replace broken pallets.
• Able to read job router and determine product to be produced, instructions, specifications, actual machining time, quantities, etc.
• Observes and follows proper procedures for powering on/off machine.
• Able to adjust machine offsets ie wear, geometry, cutter comp, workshift, etc.
• Observe all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and all safety rules/requirements such as machining guards, lifting techniques, slips and falls prevention, etc.
• High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution or Vocational Technical Training Certificate
• Minimum 6 months of manual machining experience
• Willingness and ability to lift up to 40 lbs
• Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required.
• Ability and willingness to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities.
• Certification to operate a forklift, pallet jack and crane
• Vo Tech Certificate
• Knowledge in the following areas: Valve, Wellhead, Oilfield assemblies and parts.
• Ability to read and understand instructions; quality control; and safety.
• Effective verbal, written communications skills.
• Basic math and computer skills.
• Ability to read, evaluate and respond to product specifications and drawings.
• Familiar and comfortable with various types of metal cutting machinery (mechanically inclined).
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation