Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Program Director - Health Informatics
Location : Raleigh, NC
This position will be responsible for planning, coordinating and developing high profile data management and advanced analytics capabilities that will provide valuable insights for leadership to make informed, data driven business decisions throughout SHP. In addition to implementing the data needs and preparing the team for ongoing operations, this role will leverage a variety of new data sources to promote progressive ways of thinking and facilitate executive level insights into the overall SHP strategy.
Strategy & Leadership
• With the SHP leadership team, drive the strategy for enhancing and maintaining data driven decision making capability across SHP by creating and executing the Data Analytics unit’s long term roadmap for data governance, data management and advanced analytics.
• With the SHP Executive Administrator (EA), develop a data governance framework and maintain and enforce data standards across SHP to ensure the consistent and approporiate use of data for analysis, predicting results and prescribing actions.
• With the SHP leadership team, incorporate and integrate new data driven capabilities for operational improvements within SHP.
• Serve as Acting Chair of the DUDC and manage the related 3rd party data request processes.
• Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure appropriate and timely provisioning of data and provide input to contracts and RFPs to ensure data will be available, timely, accurate and secure.
• Build relationships and trust with key internal and external stakeholders (i.e., GDAC, SSOD, DIT) to maximize the value and impact of the Data Analytics unit.
• Maintain an understanding of the culture, evolving business environment and structure to support key decision-making as well as an up to date knowledge of the state of the healthcare and health insurance industry.
• Manage internal and outsourced resources within Data Analytics unit and create an effective work environment by setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
• With the support of the EA, facilitate cross training where appropriate, implement methodology and ensure adherence, leverage best practices and continuously foster innovation and out-of-the-box thinking.
• With the support of the EA, develop resource talent through coaching, mentoring, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments and establishing performance and development plans.
Analytics & Data Science
• Provide thought leadership, guidance and direction to senior leadership in the use of advanced analytics as a component of the overall SHP strategy and to align data analytics capabilities with long term SHP strategic priorities.
• Evaluate new structured and unstructed disparate data sources to be leveraged for evolving insights that drive significant value to SHP.
• Drive development of flexible decision making tools and improve effectiveness of predictive and prescriptive models
• Implement and enhance data science approach and methodology.
• Oversee the improvement of existing data sources.
• Implement data quality initiatives and data management best practices and standards.
• Ensure that data and reports are available and accurate and that the SAS enterprise data. warehouse and Documentum system are operating effectively and efficiently.
• Ensure data security and accuracy of interpretation by business users throughout SHP by creating standards for security and appropriate access for all data, especially in the use and dissemination with external vendors.
Apply by creating/using an account