Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title : Senior DBA (ITS63_EHS-FY19-DBA-002-DPH)
Location: 250 Washington Street, Boston, MA
Duration: 09 Months Contract
· The Database Administrator will work closely with the BSAS DataMart team and IT staff as well as the BSAS OSE. Their role will be to proactively identify, develop and drive DataMart strategies. The Database Administrator is responsible for understanding the Bureau's data management goals and needs and how these relate to the existing and evolving DataMart, while ensuring compliance with IT policies and procedures. The Database Administrator will apply industry best practices and concepts to achieve DataMart goals and aid in ensuring the completion of all project deliverables on time and on budget while maintaining documentation in a centralized repository.
· The Database Administrator evaluates, designs, and manages database systems in a client/server, mainframe or cloud environment and works with users to analyze requirements and define specifications for database access, structure, format, documentation, security, back-up and recovery. The Database Administrator performs validation checks, maintains database dictionaries and coordinates the installation of new and revised database systems. The role requires a thorough knowledge of relational database systems, structured query language (SQL), and a working knowledge of referential integrity, triggers and stored procedures.
· Data and database operational support including database operations/administration, data management/configuration and, internal (e.g. incorporation of new data channels) and external dataset integration.
· Regular Data Refresh including modifications to data tables.
· Data quality initiatives embedded in the data and database operational support framework to address regular and intermittent data issues caused by inconsistencies in the data presented to the DataMart.
· Report production and enhancement ensuring the timely generation and distribution of regular provider and population reports.
· Other activity primarily focused on ad-hoc support.
· Manage application upgrades and migration activities.
· Create and maintain written procedure manuals.
· Maintain professional interaction with internal and external teams and management.
· Working with Providers.
· Partnering with DPH and Mass Highway (internal IT staff).
· These skills will include ongoing problem identification, impact analysis and resultant coding necessary to compensate for those issues: incomplete/inconsistent enrollment submission by programs, historical changes in assessment forms that do not align over time and other data consistency and completeness issues. The goal is to work towards the ability to reallocate resources currently committed to data resolution to more business analytic efforts supporting OSE.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Management or related field or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 8 years of experience in a Database Administrator role.
· Expertise with relational database design, capacity planning, security, and other distributed data issues.
· 5+ years of experience with T-SQL and PowerShell Scripts, ETL is required.
· Strong working knowledge of query, index and DB I/O performance tuning, and Stored Procedures and SQL coding is required.
· Ability to manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
· Troubleshooting and resolving database blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues, Data issues etc.
· Possessing a strong understanding of database administrator methodologies.
· Understanding of project management and the software development lifecycle.
· Experience working in a PMO environment.
· Experience working with software vendors.
· Evidence of ability to work within a team and promote a collaborative work environment.
· Experience in maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
· Possess organizational, presentational and customer service skills.
· Possess excellent problem-solving, analytical and time management skills.
· Familiarity with Cognos.
· Experience working in the Healthcare Industry or with State Agencies
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation