Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Below is the Job Description for your reference:-
TITLE : Sr. Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
LOCATION: Northampton, MA, 01060
Duration: Temp To Direct
• Oversee and participate in high value subcontract negotiation
• Determine the appropriate selection and issuance of fixed price, time and materials, labor hours and cost-type agreements and/or purchase orders.
• Develop financial strategy in driving the cost model down to increase profitability Collaborate with the program the coordination of process validation, first article inspections as well as prototype and production schedule
• Work in collaboration with the IPT team the coordination of early supplier involvement in highly technical and/or complex new products, parts and designs to optimize quality and meet schedule
• Oversee the management of subcontractors to meet all subcontract requirements including but not limited to management of financial obligations and mitigating cost overruns, schedule, technical and quality requirements
• Measure the effectiveness and performance of subcontractors across the business based on active review and assessment of EVMS & technical performance
• Responsible for the reporting of subcontractor’s performance utilizing the monthly Supplier Rating System
• Develop solutions in resolving supplier contractual issues that requires a high level of creativity
• Perform risk assessment, identify potential risks and impacts, and develop mitigation plans
• Participate in source selection process and the development of cost proposal during new business pursuit working collaboratively with Program Management and team leaders.
• Contribute in process improvement of the department
• Follow market price trends and develop market strategies.
• Serves as a consultant to management and special external spokespersons for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, plans, and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree with a Masters Preferred
Minimum Experience Required: 10+ years of related experience in major complex subcontracts
Knowledge: Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards; considered an expert in the field.
o Strong leadership and negotiation skills required
o Possess a clear and substantial understanding of Supply Base Management, i.e., the most advantageous utilization of qualified suppliers in support of the Division’s goals and objectives
o Possess strong PC skills in order to generate correspondence, charts, reports and data as required
o Experience in purchasing, inventory, planning and MRP systems
o Experience working with lean manufacturing processes and principles
o Position will require 20-25% domestic and international travel
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
o Works well with management, peers and subordinates
o Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff
o Must have the ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation