Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Below is the Job Description for your reference:-
TITLE : Customs-Traffic Specialist
LOCATION: St Petersburg, FL 33702
Duration: 03 Months Contract
Major purpose: Under general direction, develops and maintains Customs-Traffic related transportation and distribution procedures to maximize delivery efficiency and customer satisfaction. Responsible for the Customs and Global Transportation services including the rating and routing of inbound and outbound international shipments. The Customs-Traffic Specialist is the responsible and knowledgeable individual through which the global logistics activity is managed to meet on-time deliveries. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but is not limited to the duties described below.
• Coordinates shipments to customers and maintains on time delivery performance. Oversees outgoing finished product shipments.
• Reviews and approves all proposed international shipments and receipt of goods; ensures compliance with Foreign Trade and Export/Import requirements and assures that the Company is in compliance with US Customs/ITAR/EAR regulations.
• Prepares documentation for export/import approval with supporting documentation to include the analysis of shipping quotes, method of shipping, the necessary bonds, permits, import licensing, tariffs, Dangerous Goods, ECCN, equipment classification, Carnets, foreign agent and custom clearances as required.
• Maintains recordkeeping/shipping databases to be utilized for weights, dimensions, agent information, and international customs and duties regulations.
• Negotiates favorable company rates for both outbound and inbound freight.
• Coordinates with and supports Contracts, Procurement, Marketing, Programs, Production, Global Logistics, Customs Brokers, Freight Forwarders, Customer Service, Shipping and other departments necessary to ensure appropriate import/export logistics and global customs-trade compliance
• Reviews contracts, purchase orders and letters of credit regarding proper shipping documentation required for shipment and payment.
• Provides ongoing oversight of the Company import/export activities, including self-audits, as appropriate to assess compliance. Provides advice and guidance as required to assure Company’s conformance with regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Licensed Customs Broker / Certified Customs Specialist preferred
• HAZAMT/DG Certified
• Relevant college degree or some college with significant work experience in related field
• Work experience should encompass solid understanding of product technologies and regulatory requirements.
• Minimum of three (5) years experience in shipping and international transactions of import/export and Customs regulations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Familiar with Global Trade-Customs, import/export and Foreign Trade concepts, practices, and regulatory requirements
• Fully knowledgeable of the licensing process including specific requirements of the US. Departments of State, Commerce and Treasury and regulations and laws applicable to international trade.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and negotiation skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
• Knowledge and proficient implementation skills in software tools such as Microsoft Office and other database applications.
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation