Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: PM/Scrum Master/Coach
Duration: 04 Months
Location: Raleigh, NC
The Application Development team customizes the Ellucian Colleague base template in response to College System, System Office, State Board and Client Legislative requirements. As Ellucian publishes new/updated software and patches to the base Colleague product, the Application Development team processes these changes, updates the System template as required and releases them to the system. Additionally, teams are maintaining data extractions for an existing Data Warehouse and working to build modern data collection methods to re-imagine a new Data Warehouse.
The ideal candidate will simultaneously coach five application development teams to facilitate and guide our agile development environment. Outcomes would lead to maturing the team’s knowledge, skills and abilities using Agile/Scrum, continual improvement in processing updates to the System ERP template, guiding development of new products/projects and increased team ownership and delivery of acceptable, usable products.
Expected Skills (additional details of skills on Skills tab): Expert knowledge of Agile software development, focusing on the four basic competencies of mentoring, professional coaching, teaching, and facilitation, and the four integral quadrants: mindset, practices, relationship/culture, and environment. Candidate should be experienced in complex environments in which most Agile teams (and Agile coaches) operate. Able to work without assistance and minimal directional guidance from executive leadership. Able to provide leadership/mentorship to others and manage highly complex work efforts. May have advanced education and extensive industry experience.
Description of duties (including, but not limited to):
1. Coach and mentor teams, which will lead to increased knowledge and full-ownership and commitment by teams to the agile software development framework, including focus on partnership with the product owner, stakeholders and IT teams to meet committed project goals that support business objectives
2. Guide and coach the project team and organization on how to use Agile and/or Project Management best practices to deliver business value with quality.
3. Assess the maturity of the teams, team members, and organization and provide road map to move the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
4. Demonstrate best practices for removing impediments, escalating issues, and guiding the team to resolution.
5. Partner with agile teams’ way to build an environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of critical thinking and problem solving.
6. Partner with agile teams and project sponsor/product owner on preferred ways to develop scope, priority, and anticipated deliverables
7. Provide best practices to both agile teams and the program management office to drive team reporting responsibilities in systems of record and key status reporting mechanisms in support of PMO
8. Provide best practices for internal and external communication, promoting end-to-end project leadership including release and change management, and successful transition to operations and maintenance
Apply by creating/using an account