Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job title: Devops Automation Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
The Automation Engineer role is key to delivery on the strategy to adopt DevOps, increase Public Cloud uptake, and deliver efficiency through Simplification and Standardisation.
The role is diverse in nature and encompasses internally designing, developing, and supporting well engineered standard services then implementing those solutions and driving uptake through formal engagement with the existing and emerging application estate.
The work will include enhancing continuous integration, automated deployment, self-service tooling, migration of on premise workload and capability to Cloud, identifying and implementing efficiencies through simplification and standardisation, and leveraging engineered/scripted solutions based on standard suite of tools and technologies.
The person will need to facilitate the technical migrations from existing platforms to the new platforms; including stakeholder management, leading the technical implementation and ensuring architecture standards are followed throughout.
The successful candidate will have good communication and engagement skills to manage all aspects of an engagement from initial consultation through to end delivery and ongoing support. It will require close collaborate with other teams, providing clear effort estimates and visible updates on progress, and demonstrating strong time and issues management skills.
The role will work closely with all levels of development and support, including internal support teams and external suppliers to ensure end to end service is delivered to the business delivered in line with agreed targets.
• Working as part of an Agile engineering team on a wide range of project and support engagements originating from customer requirements and internal projects in support of the IT strategy
• Migrating/re-engineering applications off existing legacy build/deploy solutions over to the new strategic solution that is heavily automated and ready for Cloud
• Leveraging prior working experience and knowledge to assist the Design Lead in shaping the design and standards around an enhanced future Continuous Delivery solution that is suitable for both on and off premise
• Provide expert advice and guidance on specific SDLC Best Practices to the broader community, which can include Middle Office and Back Office Development Teams.
• Coordinate multiple deliveries including planning, status and stakeholder management.
• Ensuring appropriate support models are in place and implement SLAs where required,
• Coordinating with different vendors relating to product / support issues and additionally gather information on open source issues based on the automation task at hand
Essential criteria & qualifications
• Working in an Agile environment
• Broad knowledge and appreciation of Software Delivery Lifecycle and IT Operations
• Experience with integrating deployment and automation toolsets into an operational solution, exposure to integration of both open source and COTS tools
• Strong communication/collaboration skills in both written and face to face situations within and across organisational boundaries
• Strong focus on delivering to business outcomes and adherence to compliance/controls
• Strong technical authoring and data management skills
• ITIL v3 Foundation certified
• Strong 'hands-on' experience of designing, deploying and managing complex technical environments (high availability, multi-tier, heavily integrated architectures)
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Key Technical Skills (Must Have)
Strong exposure to implementations in AWS / Public cloud in an organization including AWS command line
Excellent Scripting skills (Python / PowerShell / Bash)
Experience with Windows / UNIX / RHEL OS's and awareness to Linux / Windows administration activities
Exposure to automation / orchestration / CI & CD toolsets and / or Ansible / Puppet / Chef / Rundeck including Jenkins and appropriate administration activities of these tools
Knowledge of source code repository and / or software configuration management using Artifactory / GitHub / Maven / Jenkins / Subversion and / or TFS
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Knowledge of source code repository and / or software configuration management concepts
Networking fundamentals including TCP/IP, DNS, LAN, WAN, Firewalls/routing
Active Directory & LDAP fundamentals
Experience with Redhat technologies and OpenShift and / or Docker / Kuberbetes / Openstack / Mesos
Knowledge of the Visual Studio development environment
Practical Knowledge of Perl, HTML, Clustering, Oracle, SQL Server
Drug test details: No
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 120, Herndon, VA 20171
Direct Line :-703-889-6866| Fax: 703-935-0339
Deepakt@LanceSoft.com | www.LanceSoft.com
Contingent Workforce | Enterprise Solutions | Engineering Services
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation