Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Sr Linux Administrator
Work Location: Pleasanton, CA-94588
Minimum years of experience: 10
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Provide global production support for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributed infrastructure while on shift.
* Address incidents picked up by the monitoring systems alerting on global Unix & Linux infrastructure within a timely manner.
* Resolve problem tickets allocated to team on central management tools (e.g. Service Now / Remedy)
* Implement requests for service as generated in manual and automated ticketing systems (e.g. SNOW, etc)
* Regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLAs.
* Liaise with vendors to analyze crash dumps, or infrastructure problems
* Operational knowledge of key technologies, such RHEL 5/6/7, LVM/VxVM, VCS/RHCS, NetBackup, Blade technology, SAN/NAS storage / Client, Dell, IBM Servers.
* Provide projects support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributed infrastructure, preferably worked in Storage Migration, DC Exit, OS Migration, Unix estate wide remediation projects and BCM/Isolation tests, Power down activities.
* Experience in supporting UNIX based distributed computing environment with a large number of systems (500+)
* Good written and spoken English, able to communicate in English with remote teams.
* Strong analytical and logical skills.
* Team work, ability to contribute to and work in a team, as well as at times step up and lead a number of people when handling problems or incidents
* Strong inter-personal and communication skills, capable of writing/contributing to technical knowledge articles
* Independent problem solving skills and effective time management
* A solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system, preferable Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6.
* Good troubleshooting skills with knowledge of key operating system concepts such as paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts, disk management/partitioning, auto mounting etc.
* Understanding and working knowledge of authentication and naming services, including NIS, LDAP with Kerberos, Power Broker, DNS, NTP, etc
* Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts, such as NFS, routing, troubleshooting network related issues.
* Fundamental skills with Volume Manager, File System and Cluster server.
* Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (for example Tk, Perl, ksh, sh, csh)
* Basic understanding of eCommerce and Retail infrestructure with previous job experience a plus.
* Knowledge of SAN and NAS administration and management
* Knowledge of VMWare ESX
* Knowledge of Volume Manager concepts and operations
* Knowledge in the standard ITIL processes
571-446-2333 Ext # 4002
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation