Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Electrical Construction)
Duration: 06 months contract (possibility of extension)
Location: Waltham MA
About the Position:
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for supporting Client’s sourcing activities for Electric Construction. Experience should include; category management, supplier relationship management, commercial negotiations, procurement process management and improvement, systems and analytics, market supplier development and a clear, working knowledge of current industry trends.
Position Responsibilities of (including but not limited to):
• With support of the Category Manager, work with Stakeholders to establish clear business needs, apply forward thinking skills to set long term category strategies
• Able to execute operationally, complex sourcing activities
• Manage the delivery of savings targets
• Mastery of transactional sourcing activities
• Understands sourcing processes, able to implement more than one option: RFX, e-sourcing or pooling
Supplier Relationship Management
• Actively focused on maximizing contract values, tracks and reviews its benefits
• Encourages and rewards performance by suppliers
• Holds suppliers to account for delivery using performance data and quarterly business reviews (QBRs)
• Demonstrates a collaborative approach in delivering business outcomes
• Understands the broad range of environmental and social sustainability reporting
• Solid understanding of most contract terms and able to craft terms with legal and management support
• Establishes a negotiation plan with clarity of desired outcomes, leveraging specialist support where appropriate
• Basic understanding of adversary’s position, desired outcomes, and leverage
• Able to involve stakeholders in negotiation preparations and events
• Successful completion of professional negotiation coursework
Procurement Process Management and Improvement
• Able to identify the appropriate supplier performance measurements (KPIs)
• Identify ways to build and improve on existing processes
• Typically improve process efficiency by 5-10% over a 6-12 month period
• Obtain Six Sigma Green Belt or PEx equivalent
Systems and Analytics
• Demonstrates ability in working with multiple ERP systems: SAP, Oracle, Spend Analytics
• Understands how to analyze large data sets and extract valuable information
• Able to build quantitative models and support decision making
• Evaluate and apply the concept of total cost of ownership (TCO)
Market and Supplier Development
• Solid understanding of criteria for alternative country sourcing
• Able to proactively identify how business needs may be met through alternative country sourcing
• Basic understanding of supplier landscape, risks, and benefits in 1-2 global markets
Knowledge & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S.) in supply chain, finance or business management required. C.P. M or equivalent certifications preferred. MBA, MS preferred.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and vendor management. Strong working knowledge of SAP, Oracle, Ariba & P2P systems required.
• An equivalent combination of education and extensive subject matter expertise along with procurement process experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education requirements listed above.
• The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, specifically in communications across a multi-national organization. Additionally, the candidate should be proficient in planning, collaboration, and analysis.
If interested please send most recent resume to Ramj@lancesoft.com
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation