Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Clinical Lab Technician – Medical Devices
Job Duration: 12 Months (Potential to extend or convert to FTE)
Job Location: 8200 Coral Sea Street NE, Mounds View, MN 55112
Note: We would be open to candidates with a wide range of experience ranging from a nurse in a dialysis lab to an engineering tech in a biomedical company. This is a 1-year contract with potential to extend or convert to FTE
Ventricular assist devices are amongst the most complex medical devices, with only two commercially approved companies in the US after almost 50 years of development. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work on these fascinating devices, supporting the development of the next generation of ventricular assist devices. The position specifically concerns characterizing the interaction of the blood and ventricular assist devices, specifically related to hemolysis and thrombosis. The primary approach is experimental and will involve extensive blood loop testing. The position is available for an initial period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
• Follow standard procedures to setup and execute bench top blood loop experiments Follow standard procedures for device cleaning, inspection, and assembly
• Assemble and prepare test equipment for daily testing
• Perform basic blood handling procedures like filtering blood and priming pumps
• Perform standard cell counting and spectroscopic assays
• Maintain test lab supplies
The Basic Qualifications must be evident on the resume.
• Associate Degree in nursing, biology, biotechnology or related discipline
• Experience working in clinical, animal, biological/biomedical lab setting for a minimum of 1 year
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in nursing, biology, biochemistry or related discipline
• Experience with internal or external blood pumps
• Experience with ASTM hemolysis testing
• Experience with following SOPs in a regulated industry setting
• Experience with blood handling, Cell counters, ELISAs and Spectroscopic assays
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• While performing the duties of this job, the contractor is regularly required to be independently mobile.
• The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
• Able to lift 10 pounds
• Able to view items through microscope
• Able to assemble and disassemble small components with or without magnification
• Able to perform lab experiments, over extended periods of time
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation