Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Hide Position Description
Assesses, treats, plans, implements, educates, communicates and demonstrate leadership to address the needs of patients and their families in conformance with a physician referral and departmental policies and procedures. Fosters positive work relationship among professionals, ancillary staff and community members.
REPORTS TO: Director of Rehab Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for an individual with experience in long term care and inpatient setting, For additional details, please refer to the attached job description.
** 1. Assesses the medical and functional needs of the patient and sets appropriate goals requested by the attending physician of Davenport and Taylor as well as surrounding community.
** 2. Designs an appropriate treatment plan to assist the patient in his/her achievement goals.
** 3. Notes diagnosis and takes all precautions for observing indications and contra-indications.
** 4. Administers and/or supervises the Rehabilitation Services Aide in the application of therapeutic modalities in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
** 5. Applies physical therapy agents such as: diathermy, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, hydrocollater packs, cold packs, cervical and pelvic traction, paraffin, tilt table, massage, therapeutic exercise, gait training, etc.
** 6. Observes and evaluates treatment effects, recommending change to physicians as needed.
** 7. Instructs patients as well as family members in home program and monitors compliance with the program.
** 8. Maintains documentation pertinent to patient treatment in accordance with departmental policies and procedures as well as those of contracting agencies.
** 9. Supervises Rehabilitation Services Department in the absence of the Departmental Director as appointed by Director.
** 10. Acts as a consultant to interdisciplinary teams within Davenport and Taylor employees, providing training to co-workers within the Rehab Services department, employees of Davenport and Taylor Health Systems and community members.
11. Assists Rehabilitation Services Director in exploring and building new programs/services and updating and modifying documentation/educational materials.
12. Complies with all hospital, departmental and contracting agency policies and procedures.
13. Demonstrates safety in working habits and personal conduct.
14. Has working knowledge of Corporate Compliance regulations and promptly reports any potential Corporate Compliance violations to the Corporate Compliance Officer.
15. Is familiar with and demonstrates Continuous Quality Improvement principles and participates in the process as appropriate, focusing on meeting the customer service needs of the internal and external customers.
16. Must possess the highest ethical standards with respect to discretion and regard for confidential information.
17. Provides age appropriate care to neonate, infant, children, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
18. Is responsible for attending all annual mandatory educational programs as required by position.
19. In order to provide the highest quality care to our patients and residents, individuals may be required to work hours beyond those normally
scheduled. Work schedules may be subject to change based on the needs of the department.
20. It is understood that this job description lists typical duties for the classification and is not to be considered inclusive of all duties which may be assigned.
Registered Physical Therapist graduated from a school of physical therapy approved by the Council on Medical Education in the Hospital and American Physical Therapy Association. New York State Licensure/Registration is mandatory. Current BLS certification required.
This position will be working 8 hour day shifts – Monday through Friday.
No floating will be required
BED SIZE/NUMBER OF ROOMS:
We have 120 bed long term care facility and inpatient census runs between 5 – 7 on a daily basis.
Previous Hospital experience preferred.
Intermittent sitting, standing and walking. Lifting of patients, subject to
strain when working with patients.
Category I. Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
** Essential Functions
AGE APPROPRIATE CARE
The employee must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed.
Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital is a small rural hospital with a 6 bed ER and 35 licensed bed Med/Surg unit that also has an attached 120 bed nursing home.
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation