Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Senior Enterprise Risk Specialist assists in leading the development, implementation, continuous improvement and reporting for the NYPA Enterprise Risk (ER) function. The Senior Enterprise Risk Specialist is instrumental in the on-going risk identification, assessment, and mitigation and monitoring of enterprise level risks and opportunities impacting the achievement of strategic objectives and business initiatives. The Senior Enterprise Risk Specialist is expected to advance the enterprise risk function through new idea generation, process enhancement, leadership reporting and constant improvement of areas such as Key Risk Indicators, Risk Assessments, and Emerging Risks. This role will lead/support the implementation, deployment and on-going operation of NYPA's Enterprise Governance Risk and Compliance (eGRC) Tool.
• Lead the Enterprise Risk Team (ERT), in working with NYPA management, and staff to facilitate the Enterprise Risk (ER) process for risk identification, assessment, mitigation, and monitoring throughout NYPA.
• Assess the need for and create/develop custom risk reports for various levels of the organization including the Executive Risk Management Committee (ERMC), Executive Management Committee (EMC), and the Board of Trustees.
• Work with Risk Management Leadership to ensure effective alignment of the ER process with Internal Audit, Compliance, and Strategy.
• Lead the ERT in the development of training and workshop materials and assist in conducting ER education/training/workshops to various levels of NYPA Business Units management and staff.
• Perform regular monitoring and development of key risk indicators, emerging risks, analyze risk trends, and work with risk owners to analyze complex risks and make potential risk mitigation recommendations.
• Prepare executive level presentations for review by Risk Management Leadership.
• Update and maintain NYPA's ER framework, policies, procedures, and other associated ER documentation.
• Lead/support the implementation, deployment and on-going use of NYPA's Enterprise Governance Risk and Compliance (eGRC) Tool specific to the ER program.
• Coordinate the resolution of risk software problems with the eGRC vendor or the NYPA IT department as needed.
• Work with Risk Management Leadership to further refine and maintain the Enterprise Risk project plan to ensure timely delivery of assigned work products.
• Develop project and work schedules to ensure completion of deliverables to NYPA Senior management
• Employ general business knowledge, across the enterprise, via interaction with risk owners in order to effectively management and monitor risks
• Perform highly complex quantitative and qualitative analysis on individual risks and the risk inventory to identify underlying relationships and assist in the risk roll-up/alignment process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Advanced knowledge of various types of risk including, Market, Operational, Credit, Liquidity, and Financial Instrument.
• Advanced knowledge of Enterprise-wide Risk management program development and implementation including best practices and frameworks
• Advanced knowledge in the use of PowerPoint and presentation preparation
• String knowledge of eGRC Tool and other associated software applications, such as RSA Archer
• Strong knowledge of enterprise risk management best practices as they apply to the energy/utility industry
• Strong knowledge of Strategic Planning, Compliance, and Internal Audit practices.
• Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of probabilistic scenario analysis and the associated application to risk management.
• Strong knowledge of financial instruments and analysis techniques (value at risk, Working knowledge of various types of risk including, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Financial Instrument Risk
• Proficient in spreadsheet and/or statistical analysis packages. Working knowledge of Access, Word, statistical software, and MS Project.
• Strong understanding of the deregulated energy marketplace
• Strong understanding of generating and transmission systems
• Ability to work and interact with all levels of management and across all NYPA business units and departments
• Ability to communicate and present analysis results and underlying assumptions in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to work independently and provide stated deliverables with limited input from others
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related discipline
• Up to nine years of relevant experience with risk analysis, integration of business processes and development/implementation of enterprise risk programs and software tools
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation