Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Senior Project Manager – Technical Lead (Infrastructure)
Location: Boston MA 02169
The Senior Project Manager – Technical Lead is responsible for the planning and management of technical projects. The incumbent can direct technical staff and manage the activities of all aspects of the project life cycle. He/she understands complex technical scenarios and requirements and can effectively manage and overcome obstacles to progress and/or suggest alternative strategies and directions. He/she is responsible for planning and execution of IT projects that includes any and all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating SDLC practices that are suitable for each project. The Senior Project Manager is accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget, and with high quality. This position focuses on the implementation and delivery of infrastructure and IT operations-based projects.
· Perform with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
· Facilitate and lead the definition of the project scope, project management/SDLC approach, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements.
· Establish a communication strategy in partnership with the business, IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle.
· Develop and maintains project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other project related artifacts.
· Effectively negotiate project resource needs and competing priorities with IT and PMO resource managers
· Create and execute strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
· Manage, assess, and negotiate project scope changes.
· Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines. Apply appropriate levels of tailoring to meet project-specific needs, while still operating within the standard project management framework.
· Efficiently identify and resolve project issues.
· Escalate issues that require executive, management or business attention.
· Manage vendor performance and drive deliverables to meet agreed upon target dates and levels of quality,
· Ensure business engagement throughout the project, project decision making, managing scope/budget changes, business requirements elicitation and prioritization, acceptance testing, training, etc.
· Knowledge and application of industry standard project management principles and
methodologies delivered using various systems development life cycles
· Strong familiarity with project management software and MS Office
· Ability to define, manage, and exceed business customer expectations
· Can operate at the macro level, driving large teams with multiple stakeholders but also
has the ability to individually contribute to work products when required
· Ability to build consensus amongst project team members and key stakeholders
· Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth
· Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with various project stakeholders
including, IT leadership, business customers, team members, and other IT colleagues
· Able to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at any one time, while maintaining high
· Minimum of 10 years Project Management experience
· BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related degree
· Knowledge of basic application, operational and infrastructure security principles and guidelines
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills as well as customer relationship management
· Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential and required
· Appropriate behavior when handling sensitive and confidential situations
· Proven experience in negotiating and organizing project deliverables and timing within a complex business environment in order to manage stakeholder's expectations
· Demonstrated experience with various SDLC methodologies from waterfall to agile
· Demonstrated track record of success at delivering IT projects on time, within budget, and with high quality
· Demonstrated experience managing projects involving server consolidation, software migrations, or infrastructure consolidation/moves, large enterprise Active Directory initiatives, including initial implementations and upgrades as well as experience with managing infrastructure improvement programs from inception through implementation that include Data Center Facilities, Virtualization Technologies, Windows Servers, Enterprise Storage, and Network LAN/WAN including fiber, cabling and wiring installs and upgrades and networking equipment installations
· Recent experience managing data center creation and/or data center expansion infrastructure projects
· Knowledge of PCI requirements for credit card processing regulations is a plus
· Demonstrated experience managing vendor contracts and implementations
· PMP Certification helpful but not required
· Prior experience on projects with federal, state or local government is desirable, but not required
Thanks & Regards,
Senior Executive – US Staffing
Contingent Workforce | Back Office Services | Enterprise Solutions
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 120, Herndon, VA 20171
Direct: 201-215-0057 | Fax: 703-935-0339 |
ManasaJ@LanceSoft.com | www.LanceSoft.com
This e-mail and its contents are the copyright of LanceSoft, Inc.
To read more, please visit http://www.LanceSoft.com/disclaimer
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation