Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: EPIC Application Coordinator (Beacon Analyst)
Location: Spartanburg SC
Duration: Contract to Hire role
The EPIC application coordinator (Beacon) will have primary responsibility for the design, build / configuration, testing, validation and ongoing support of the EPIC application(s). They will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the software functionality, and acquiring / utilizing knowledge of the operational workflows to be implemented with the EPIC system. The application coordinator will gain in-depth knowledge of the software by attending application support training and completing application certification projects and tests.
Job Responsibilities for this role include:
• Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, managing issues, and oversight and implementation of project plan activities
• Strong communication and follow-up skills
• Ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built
• Coordinate and lead validation sessions of clinical content
The application coordinator implementing EPIC Beacon will have clinical knowledge of Treatment Plans, Therapy Plans, and Research Protocols. A technical understanding of how build decisions affect things like patient registration, scheduling, ordering and releasing of treatment and therapy plans, and financial implications of oncology practice.
Familiarity with oncology practice and workflows.
Strong understanding of integration points within oncology, including scheduling, lab, radiology, billing, and inpatient.
• Associate Degree or related applicable experience (prefer Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; Pharmacist)
• 5 years of Healthcare experience (prefer 7+ years of Healthcare experience)
• Must complete required training for product implementation and pass certification within 90 days of training completion
• Prefer: Pharmacist
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Maintain regular communication with vendor implementation representatives. Work with implementation representatives and the organization's business community and end users to ensure the system meets the organization's business needs
• Assume application expertise by obtaining and maintaining EPIC certification for the assigned application(s) within the required timeframe.
• Achieve an in-depth knowledge of assigned application(s) and its relationship to other applications.
• Participate in project plan development and monitoring project milestones
• Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs.
• Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software. Provide application expertise to facilitate discussions and decisions.
• Work with department representatives to analyze needs and translate these into system design.
• Participate in development, execution and sign off of system testing.
• Develop and maintain detailed documentation on system configurations and technical components.
• Troubleshoot problems identified by team members and end users.
• Escalate issues and risks to project leadership.
• Collaborate with the training team(s) in the design and development of training programs.
• Provide application expertise to the project team and advisory groups.
• Participate in the planning and execution of application go-live and post-live activities.
• Follow established guidelines for system change control.
• Identify potential system enhancement needs.
• Introduce best practice options for future-state workflows and processes.
• Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
• Analyze new functionality in releases to determine how and if it should be used.
• Coordinate ongoing software updates and changes.
• Review and test new software releases.
Apply by creating/using an account