Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This position will oversee the ongoing re-engineering of the agency’s business processes to encourage an emphasis on data protection/security, and to factor data privacy into its long-term planning efforts including the day-to-day business practices.
The Department of Information Technology (DIT) Enterprise & Risk Management Office (ESRMO) is seeking a self-motivated and strategic professional to oversee the ongoing re-engineering of the agency’s business processes to encourage an emphasis on data protection/security, and to factor data privacy into its long-term planning efforts including the day-to-day business practices. The incumbent will be responsible for regularly assessing the agency’s compliance with state and federal privacy law, including HIPAA and the Department of Information Technology Fair Information Practices Act, and with the agency’s Confidentiality Policy and Procedures. Additionally, the Privacy Officer will develop and implements appropriate remediation steps if those assessments determine that such steps are necessary.
This position works closely with the State Chief Risk Officer and Agency Privacy Officers. This role is one of a data strategist, adviser, and risk manager as well as a steward for protection of confidential information. The ideal candidate should possess a combination of business knowledge, technical skills, people skills, and the ability to guide data strategy and control standards. The Privacy Officer will report directly to the State Chief Risk Officer/Director of ESRMO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a compliance program for the Statewide Privacy policies and federal privacy law
• Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the privacy program in meeting its requirements and objectives
• Participate in risk management activities, including conducting analyses of current practices (program audits), and reporting level of compliance to senior agency management.
• Draft and maintain agency-wide policies and procedures to ensure the workforce uses and accesses only the minimum necessary data and discloses the data within legal authority.
• Maintain data privacy, enforcing specific privacy requirements as it relates to agency mandates, HIPAA and other legal requirements
• Collaborate with agency staff including IT, Legal, Human Resources, and other State agencies in fostering information privacy awareness relevant to all programs and services.
• Develop and oversee the implementation of corrective action plans that result from auditing and monitoring activities.
• Design and implement training of agency staff on privacy issues.
• Provide ongoing assessment of programs and services to ensure that the agency discloses to contractors only the minimum amount of data necessary to perform the contracted functions.
• Serve as an external relations point of contact for other state and federal entities, as well as individuals who wish to exercise their administrative rights under state and federal law.
• Performing periodic privacy risk assessments and related ongoing compliance audits
• Receiving, investigating, and resolving all privacy-related reports, including potential breach incidents
• Conducting inquiries and investigations into privacy-related questions and complaints from workforce members, patients and/or family members, government agencies, or other sources
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
• B.A./B.S. in Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Assurance, or equivalent experience
• General understanding of HIPAA, FERPA, CJI, FTI state and federal guidelines regarding privacy, and concepts of healthcare and other regulated data privacy laws/standards.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated ability to distill and translate complex concepts into actionable information for a variety of audiences.
• Experience working in the healthcare field or other highly regulated environment.
• Experience implementing compliance requirements in a matrixed environment utilizing complex information systems.
• Comfortable in effectively presenting information one-on-one and in large groups.
• Leadership skills and ability to coordinate and influence cross-functional teams.
• Proven record of success in project management, with a particular focus on strategic planning.
• Competence in resolving problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner; exercising discretion in handling confidential information.
• Proficient usage of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Technically savvy utilizing a variety of electronic data platforms.
• Thorough knowledge of the Privacy Act of 1974 and related laws and regulations, Federal and State privacy policies and practices to advise Agency Privacy Officers, program managers, and agency counsel and to provide guidance and assistance relating to organizational privacy requirements, reviews, and analysis
• Possess one or more of the following certifications:
o Certified Information Privacy Professional (IAPP)
o Certified Information System Auditor (ISACA)
o HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (ISC2)
o Registered health Information Administrator (AHIMA)
o State Medicaid Compliance experience
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation