Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
AKA Sr. Software Tester; Sr. Quality Control Analyst; Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer; Sr. QA Analyst
Senior Software Quality Control Engineer
LOCAL Candidates Only and Requires In Person Interview Only
This position serves as a Senior Software Tester, who will be responsible for verifying and validating whether products or services meet specified requirements. The individual must be a well-rounded tester - not just a Selenium automation tester, a leader/mentor with current hands-on experience (a must) has business knowledge experience, great manual tester, excellent listening skills, ability to think outside of the box, a self-starter, excellent communication skills (oral and written), must exhibit/demonstrate confidence, ask in-depth questions to uncover analysis gaps, and able to work with minimal assistance. The individual must have work experience in all phases of the SDLC and worked in an agile and/or iterative environment. The Senior Software Tester will review requirements/design documents, ensure traceability of test cases to requirements, execute test scripts, and accountable for validating system quality. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form, work with minimal assistance, and the ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship within and outside the Quality Control and Testing team. This position must interact with analysts, software engineers and management.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Ability to understand the technical and business details of the project/application/system.
2. Develop, publish and executes test plans and test scripts for complex, distributed applications throughout the project life cycle.
3. Create, execute and automate scripts for smoke, functional, regression, using Selenium
4. Create, execute and automate SOAP UI scripts utilizing REST requests (mandatory) - not just surface exposure.
5. Stress/performance (load) testing.
6. Security testing
7. Create, manage and maintain efficiencies in the automated script execution and script development through the implementation of automation best practices.
8. Present process improvements to management team
9. Develops test data where needed.
10. Prepare and executes SQL commands to manage and verify data.
11. Designs, maintains, executes, and retests test cases.
12. Participate in production implementation verification.
13. Understand end user’s business workflow process and job
14. Lead coordination for infrastructure upgrades.
• Articulate answers to questions, problems, resolutions and business workflow.
• Work independently, with minimal assistance and know when to escalate issues
• Candidate must exhibit/demonstrate confidence
• Ability to lead and mentor team members
• Ask in-depth questions to uncover analysis gaps
• Think outside the box, recommend new best practices
• Keep an eye on the bigger picture (aka the User’s Experience) – not just the technology
• Build credibility with business stakeholders
Proficient understanding of various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
Experience with participation through all phases of the SDLC on a new project.
Hands on experience with Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
Experience with creation and maintenance of Test Plan.
Experience with creation and maintenance of Automated Scripts.
Experience with creation and maintenance of Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
Performs All types of Testing (manual, usability, functional, black box, white box, regression, smoke, performance, stress, load (aka scalability), persistent layer verification, data creation, web services (SOAPUI)).
Experience with relational database (e.g. DB2, Oracle, SQL server, etc.).
Experience with data model, SQL and writing SQL queries.
Experience working with various automated testing tools like Selenium, SOAP UI utilizing REST requests, and ClearQuest.
Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Strong communication skills.
Training and Experience:
Minimum of seven years of progressive software testing/quality control experience working with large-scale complex on-line systems, including at least five years on a large-scale web based project. Candidate must have four years of automated testing experience using Selenium RC or Selenium Web Driver and SOAP UI utilizing REST requests.
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation