Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
VDOT Project Manager 3 (563946)
1401 E Broad Street Richmond
In Person Only
1 year Contract
**local candidates strongly preferred
**ONLY personal interviews will be conducted, NO Skype, NO exceptions
**candidates MUST possess PMP certification through PMI or VITA's PM certification. No other certification qualify.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile and traditional project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to the internal and external stakeholders. The Project Manager should be well versed and have led Traditional and Agile project methodologies.
• Drive consistent project delivery through the entire project lifecycle, including: definition of project plans, resource allocation, and management of project risks, scope, schedule, and delivery of value.
• Manage working relationships with key stakeholders, including, executive management, business management, project sponsors, suppliers, and technology management.
• As required, oversee and manage execution of day-to-day project activities.
• Provides leadership in the establishment and development of project base line budgets, resource allocation, and schedules in individual and group situations.
• Sets project goals that are consistent with business objectives.
• Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work.
• Works effectively with project/departmental/contracted personnel and vendors to accomplish project goals.
• Facilitate self-directed multi-disciplinary teams in the development of plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for completion of a project.
• Promote empowerment of teams, ensuring that each team member if fully engaged in the project making a meaningful contribution while encouraging a sustainable pace.
• Track and communicate project's progress from a schedule, cost, and risk perspective to the project team and project stakeholders.
• Monitor progress by third-party vendors, if needed.
• Adapt project specifications, plans, and approach to the different concerns and expectations of stakeholders.
• Adhere to VDOT and VITA project management practices and governance requirements and coordination with VDOT and VITA PMOs
• Additional responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices. In addition, the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• Balance business/technical background with sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to technology teams.
• Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
• Ability to work with customers, understand their business practices and manage their expectations.
• Ability to lead others to implement new approaches, systems, structures and methods
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching collaborating, and team building.
• Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated strong verbal/written communication skills with the ability to simplify and communicate complex issues to multiple audiences.
• Knowledge of process engineering and re-engineering techniques and practices.
• Ability to analyze and document business and system processes.
• Ability to balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost.
• Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• PMP and CSM Certification required
• PMI-ACP Certification preferred
Apply by creating/using an account