Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Project Manager-Cancer Diagnostics-Carpinteria, CA
PROJECT MANAGER, with pharmaceutical/ diagnostics background, to lead project core teams focused on the development of cancer diagnostics products (pharmDx) in an exciting, challenging and collaborative environment.
You will be a key player for a company that is leading the way in CANCER DIAGNOSTIC product development. Your role in this position will be externally facing to pharmaceutical industry partners, and responsible for planning, directing and executing designated projects between DGG and its pharma partners.
The successful person for this job will work closely with global cross-functional project teams, line management and external partners to ensure that objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and within budget.
• Leading global cross-functional COMPANION DIAGNOSTICS project teams, and serving as a direct contact between pharma project managers and key DGG stakeholders
• Leading, driving and delivering expected results according to agreed project scope, cost, quality and timeline milestones
• Creating and managing resource forecast plans, and working directly with line managers to communicate and agree to project staffing requirements
• Tracking projected project revenues, costs, expenses and profits against defined metrics; proactively communicating deviations to relevant stakeholders
• Analyzing, planning and tracking project phases and activities, and communicating the timelines/ milestones/ goals on a regular basis to DGG management, the project team and other stakeholders
• Effectively identifying and communicating risks to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Scope change management including re-evaluating goals throughout the project, together with the project's stakeholders, and making necessary adjustments to project plans and budgets
• Participating in preparation and alignment of decision process in joint project governance bodies
• Establishing and maintaining project lifecycle documentation
• Mentoring of project team members in client business and quality practices
• Ability to work collaboratively with external customers to insure that company and partner interests are addressed in a balanced fashion
• Ability to manage global, multi-site teams including direct and indirect project resources
• Ability to establish trust and work with integrity while motivating others to achieve the goals of the project
• Proven leadership and desire to succeed with a minimum level of guidance, while successfully multi-tasking amongst several competing initiatives
• Excellent presentation skills
• Creative problem solving skills and decision making abilities that adapt to change and promote teamwork across geographies and cultures
• Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a matrixed team environment
• Experienced in constructive decision making, resolution of conflict, and the building of effective top-down and bottom-up business relationships
• Active ownership of problems of diverse technical and business scope where the analysis requires in-depth evaluation and research of competing options
• Understanding of the proper application of risk management techniques to ensure business priorities and quality standards are met
B.S. or B.A. in Science or Project Management experience with an understanding of the biological sciences; PMP certification a plus
• 3+ years of relevant experience managing complex development projects in the pharmaceutical or diagnostics market
• Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to balance and prioritize responsibilities in accordance with business and team needs
• Experience defining and maintaining strategic direction while ensuring successful execution of project details
• Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization across various functions (research, development, manufacturing, quality control, regulatory, marketing) and locations
• Established expertise and hands-on experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and remote meeting tools such as WebEx, Live Meeting, etc.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
• Strong business acumen, negotiation and delegation skills, and ability to influence at all levels within the organization.
• Ability to travel, up to 30 travel days a year, both domestic and international.
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation