Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Occupational Health NurseThe Occupational Health Nurse has responsibility for oversight of Clients occupational health programs and other health-related issues.
Working Hours: 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Location: Syracuse, NY 13057
The OHS/OHM functions as a health consultant and program manager, working with Clients management, employees, outside medical providers, community resources and other vendors.
Job responsibilities/knowledge areas include, but are not limited to; Department of Transportation Examination Compliance, Controlled Substance Testing, Drug and Alcohol Program/Aftercare, Disability Management, Management of Work Related Injury/Illness Claims, American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Process/UPS Waiver Protocol, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Crisis Management, Hearing Conservation Program Compliance, Respiratory Medical Compliance, Health Education/Wellness Programs, and Medical Provider Management.
These responsibilities will require the Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) to travel to Clients buildings as well as Clients medical providers to provide training and education to both Clients employees and vendors. Some overnight travel will be required as well.
• Manage injuries/illnesses in the Temporary Alternate Work (TAW) program
• Develops and documents Return to Work plans for employees in TAW
• Maintains documentation in SHRMIS
• Communicates with employees, medical providers, third party administrators, and operations managers
• Compiles / provide reports as needed
• Support assigned district in relevant activities related to employees returning to work from personal illness/injury.
• Evaluate and assess appropriate medical providers for injury care as well as DOT and other necessary employee examinations.
• Work with Labor, Operations, and Health and Safety management to evaluate and maintain TAW appropriate job assignments.
• Collaborates with Risk Management to identify process improvement regarding TPA and its vendors
• Develop, implement, and evaluate wellness activities and programs
• Support corporate wellness programs
• Mentor and support wellness champions
• Assess safety data to develop and implement injury prevention activities and programs
• Develop, implement and evaluate injury and illness prevention activities in targeted buildings
• Conduct training with individuals, small groups, or via conference calls as needed
• Knowledge of federal regulations in regards to FMCSA, ADAA, FMLA, OSHA recordkeeping, and OSHA surveillance programs
• Knowledge of specific State regulations as it pertains to personal medical leave and accommodation programs
• Evaluate and assess appropriate medical providers (Vendor Management)
• Assess effectiveness of Companywide regulatory programs by conducting and / or participating in corporate audits
• Registered Nurse license
• Prefer COHN, COHN-S, and/or CCM
• 3-5 years’ experience in Occupational Health and/or Emergency Room nursing
• 1-2 years’ experience in Case Management
Additional Job Details:
$38.00/hour (possibly more depending on experience).
MUST have Registered Nurse license There may be two or three trips that will require overnight travel to two night travel in the course of a year to UPS Small Package Operations.
There is some travel to other UPS locations the district, in total probably 10-20% of the time, and there is no overnight needed with that type of travel, unless there is a multi day training being presented.
There is reimbursement for hotel, mileage, and meals up to $50 per day when the travel is overnight, mileage for travel to other locations.
For More Details:
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation