Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Duration: 12 months + (Possible contract to Hire)
WORK HOURS: 7:30 - 4:00 OR 9:00 - 5:30 (HM CAN FLEX BETWEEN)
Interview process: 1) Phone screen 2) Onsite interview or Skype
Skills / Experience:
Ideal: Relaying or Protection & Control @ Substation experience.
Former Utility worker with Substation experience OR Former Industrial Electrical Designer for electric utility company.
Top Critical Skills
Experience reviewing schematics 12kv
Experience reviewing control schematics 12kv Customer Switch Gear
Excellent English communication & writing skills - as they will be corresponding with clients weekly.
Has performed work that interfaces with Electric Utility Companies.
SCADA experience Required
Understanding of AutoCAD required (but they will not be drafting).
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
Nice to Have:
Professional Engineering License (in PA).
System Protection & Control for Distribution Systems.
Electrical Engineering Degree preferred but not required.
*** Candidates considered for full time placement after contract must have degree. It is NOT REQUIRED for the contract role however.
Client requires an electrical engineer to act as the single point of contact for reviewing and approving 12kV customer point of contact and 12kV independent power producer relay requirements for the connection of their facilities to distribution.
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- At least 3-5 years experience with distribution relaying associated with high voltage switch gear and generation: e.g. rotating machines, solar inverters, etc.
- Ability to read a write English fluently. The successful candidate will be required to interface with customers on occasion as well as various departments
- Ability to read and understand customer engineering schematics detailing the relaying and control schemes for their point of contact or generator interconnect.
- Ability to provide feedback to customers regarding their specific application and whether it meets requirements
- Basic understanding of a typical 12kV distribution system and fundamentals of distribution protection
- Must have firm understanding of Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of AutoCAD (no drafting is expected).
- Professional Engineer license (Pennsylvania preferred but not required)
- Experience with system protection and control for distribution systems, particularly around relay control schemes and system protection for interconnect applications.
Description of Work:
The successful applicant will be in charge of reviewing all 12kV customer point of contact relaying for both load customers and generation customers.
The applicant will be working closely with Planning group, Protection Settings group, the Key Account Managers, and the local Engineering Manager to ensure a customer's relaying conforms to requirements.
The applicant will also be responsible for any updates needed to interconnection requirements. It is expected that the applicant will have some contact with customers, so she/he must be able to reflect values and professionalism.
Typically, the applicant will have about a dozen projects in various stages of review at any given time. The applicant will be responsible for completing documentation for key performance indicators regarding the customer reviews.
Given the cyclical nature of customer reviews, the successful applicant may also be given assignments supporting design work associated with 350+ distribution substations.
Generally speaking, this work will be to act as a Lead Responsible Engineer for smaller substation projects.
This work includes the development of a scope document, working with a contract engineering firm to develop engineering drawings, reviewing contractor supplied drawings, issuing drawings to the field, and ordering long lead materials.
This work will include things like; 12kV breaker replacements, 69-12kV transformer replacements, 12kV relaying upgrades, etc.
Interested candidates can send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation