Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Scope of Work
NOC Central Technician tests and analyzes network and network facilities (e.g., power, communication machinery, software, lines, modems, and terminals). Candidate advises supervisory Network Control positions of network communications failures or degradation and arranges corrective action plans. The Technician performs a variety of skilled routine and non-routine duties and applies standard practices and policies. Additional Requirements: Monitors and analyzes moderately complex network and network facilities (e.g., power, communication machinery, software, lines, modems, and terminals), advises supervisory Network Control positions of network communications failures or degradation and arranges and performs corrective action plans. This is a multi-incumbent position that reports to a supervisor level position. Basic Qualifications include: High school diploma or equivalent, experience using networks and network equipment and knowledge of Excel, Word and other general applications.
The RAN (Radio Access Network) Tier 1 candidate will be responsible for monitoring, correlating, troubleshooting and resolving network alarms and performance deviations for Sprint's nationwide wireless network. This network consists of multiple technologies such as CDMA, EVDO and LTE across multiple frequency bands and equipment vendors.
****Requires 24x7x365 support so candidates must be able to support flexible hours and schedules to ensure all shifts are covered***
* Perform daily fault and performance analysis using a variety of monitoring tools to Client network impairments
* Ability to review network logs to discern state changes of network equipment
* Perform remote resolution of faults through various Element Management Systems (EMS)
* Creation and routing of network tickets to appropriate designated fix agents
* Perform routine ticket management and escalations to drive problems to final resolution
* Use combination of various tools to correlate multiple faults and/or system presented data into singular network impairments
* Communicate openly and effectively with multiple teams
* Manage fix bridges on large scale and/or high severity issues that involve multiple teams/participants including Executive level communication
* Excellent in written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient in using Microsoft office application such as Outlook, Excel, Word
* Ability to grasp higher-level technology issues and troubleshoot to resolution
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to work under pressure related to scale of business impact
* Ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
* Ability to span departments to assist in resolving network event outages
* Experience analyzing wireless networks, related equipment and/or performance
* Ability to multi-task, meet objectives and solve issues in stressful situations with high speed of completion and high degree of accuracy
* Ability to quickly learn new tools and systems
* Willingness to work on any assigned shift
* Knowledge of ALU, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung wireless network structure
* Knowledge of Unix operating system and command structure
* Basic knowledge of IP routing and protocols
* Understanding of Operational Measurements used for network performance monitoring and troubleshooting for CDMA, EVDO and LTE technologies
* Tools/Systems: Netcool, TRAMS, SecureCRT, and vendor specific element management systems
703 889 6564
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation