Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Certified ECSA 2017, 2018 NVT
System/Network Administrator – Citrix (Epic)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Server as a subject matter expert for the Epic EMR Citrix environment
• Design, test and deploy new implementations and updates to existing infrastructure in accordance to Vendors recommendations and best practices.
• Manage and support NetScaler, XenApp, XenDesktop, and Storefront
• Manage Citrix application builds, release cycles, patching and test schedules
• Provision Citrix servers as needed.
• Provide system level administration/maintenance for Epic Citrix infrastructure, to include hundreds of XenApp servers.
• Perform firmware, hardware, and OS upgrades, and required patch management.
• Perform short-term and long-term server capacity planning
• Monitor overall system performance and perform the necessary tuning.
• Develop necessary scripts to automate key administration tasks.
• Perform Epic software Special Updates (SU) as needed.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical members of the Epic team.
• Work closely with respective technical counterparts at Epic systems – in Verona Wisconsin.
• Participate in required change management process.
• Participate in technical support for end-users – via various methods such as remote tools, email, phone and sometimes a site visit.
• Actively participate in triage and support activities using the standard help desk process and approved software tools, and to ensure that trouble tickets are handled in a timely and professional manner.
• Participate as needed in required TDR (Technical Dress Rehearsal) activities that are conducted by the Epic technical team.
• Participation in on-call rotation which includes carrying and responding to a pager 7x24 during the on-call period.
• Be willing to travel to Epic's corporate headquarters for the necessary Epic specific training that maybe needed.
• Participate in other duties as required.
• Citrix Studio & Director experience.
• Experience with Vmware/Xenserver, Hyper-V or other server virtualization technologies
• Experience with XenApp and XenDesktop
• Experience in architecture of large scale Citrix environments.
• Experience in designing, deploying and supporting large-scale Citrix environments using XenApp, XenDesktop, Storefront, PVS, Netscaler and Citrix Receiver
• Experience in managing and Deploying multiple high availability Citrix Farms, XenApp 7.x and above.
• Expert knowledge of Citrix configurations and ICA inner workings
• Experience in implementing Citrix performance, optimization, scalability, security, high-availability, monitoring, printing, connectivity and group policy.
• Experience with Windows 2012 & 2016 Server technologies – to include Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to prioritize workload and often work independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience with creating various technical docs/diagrams using MS Visio
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must be willing to participate in 24/7 oncall rotation.
• Participate in other duties as assigned/required.
• Experience acting as a technical lead, preferably in a healthcare environment, in support of a large, complex vendor application.
• Working knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware.
• Experience with Netscaler appliance and general load balancing.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows server environments.
• Familiarity with using various tools like lifecycle management, software distribution, software monitoring – like SCCM, SCOM, Group Policies.
• Solid knowledge and experience with Windows 7/10 and application delivery/packaging solutions.
• Familiarity with PowerShell, or any other form of scripting and automation.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Minimum 6 years of experience working with, and including detailed.
• Knowledge of SAN disk storage technology from a major hardware vendor .
• Minimum 6 years of experience with in depth knowledge of server
virtualization technology - Example VMWare or Xenserver.
• Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible experience performing Windows system administration duties in a critical production environment, preferable healthcare.
• Microsoft – MCSA, or MCP, or MCTS.
• Citrix – CCA or CCP.
• VMware – VCP-DCV or VCA-DTM
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation