Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Project Management Office is seeking a short term Expert Project Manager to lead the development and implementation of complex IT solution within an Agile program delivery structure
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Project Management Office is seeking a short term Expert Project Manager to lead the development and implementation of a complex IT solution within an Agile program delivery structure. The person must demonstrate an extensive track record managing projects delivering large projects within a complex, matrix organization. Required to have extensive knowledge and experience managing projects for developing systems using the Agile Scrum framework. Must have excellent communications skills, must be well organized and exhibit excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
Position duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide leadership in managing a large scale, complex project within the Agile Scrum framework.
• Ability to work with Scrum teams to develop project plans, roadmaps, and manage the product (feature) backlog.
• Knowledge and competency in the project schedule building process, including techniques for estimation, developing contingency and Agile product/feature backlog.
• Manage the critical day-to-day operational elements of assigned project including: project vision/objectives, financials, scope, quality, schedule, resourcing, vendor management, dependencies, risks, status reporting, stakeholder engagement, business readiness/organizational change management, value realization necessary to deliver specified requirements, objectives and value.
• Document the project charter, roles, tasks and measures of success.
• Provide leadership by facilitating project definition, planning, budgeting, scheduling and resource planning to accomplish project objectives while managing applicable scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
• Ensure smooth project progression by effectively defining/managing the project plan (MPP), phase gate reviews, change requests and stakeholder status reporting.
• Provide leadership, vision and direction for both project team and business partners while working cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes and ensure appropriate and professional communication among stakeholders.
• Manage projects throughout the project lifecycle. Evaluate progress and quality, manage issue resolution process and take corrective action, as necessary.
• Ensure adherence to DHHS IT Division Project Management Office and other applicable state/federal policies and procedures.
• Develop quality business relationships so that client needs can be anticipated and addressed.
• Proactively develop innovative approaches, risk mitigation strategies and quality control.
• Actively engage in development or oversight of the development of all documentation for project.
The position requires the ability to work well in a team environment, as well as skills to facilitate communication, team focus, influence, service-oriented, problem-solving, analytic thinking, planning, personal development and decisiveness. Using these attributes, the candidate will communicate individual roles and project/program expectations for both internal and external teams, develop detailed project plans and schedules, provide work direction and leadership to assigned projects or programs including sub projects and at times, individual project members; including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts using a strong blend of Project Management business analysis and technical experience. This position also monitors and audits project or program milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule and identifies ways to resolve schedule issues, provides required project status reporting, assesses variances from the project plan, gathers metrics, and develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives.
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation