Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
VDOT Project Manager 3
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Information Technology Division is seeking a senior technical Project Manager to manage and deliver a complex project(s) with multiple teams and work streams coordinated to an aggressive delivery schedule.
Under the program manager, the project manager is responsible for the outcome of the assigned project. The project manager leads the team through the Commonwealth Standard for Project Management for successful completion of the project phases: PreSelect, Initiation, Planning, Execution and Control and Closeout. The selected candidate will:
• Serve as a hands-on technical project manager with development staff and business groups;
• Coordinate and communicate with ITD management and staff to coordinate work tasks and resourcing;
• Communicate timelines and expectations to technical and business staff;
• Collaborate with vendors, consultants, and contractors in the execution of projects including contract management and working with the procurement office;
• Adhere to VDOT and VITA project management practices and governance requirements and coordination with VDOT and VITA Project Management Offices.
• Maintains project budget, plans, tasks, schedules, risks, and status and disseminates information to team members and customers as defined in the communications plan.
• Ensures documentation of requirements and uses cases, facilitate design workshops for assigned project;
• Ensures definition of test objectives, designed test plans and test cases for assigned project;
• Provide the management of project milestones and deliverables for on-time and on-budget delivery.
• Define and measure progress with metrics;
• Support system and application training efforts;
The candidate must have a minimum of 8 years experience managing large projects and a bachelor's degree.
Experience managing large, multi-stream projects.
Experience in both Agile and Waterfall project management.
PMP or Qualified under Commonwealth of Virginia Qualification Standards for IT Project Managers for Category 4 Projects. See: http://www.vita.virginia.gov/oversight/projects/default.aspx?id=589
Knowledge of and experience managing projects utilizing the following technologies is preferred:
• .NET Framework and Web Based Applications
• Oracle, SQL
• ESRI ArcGIS Desktop & Web-based Applications (ArcMap, ArcGIS Server ArcGIS Online)
• Agile Scrum Master certification
• Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, Project Server)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires a fingerprint-based background check.
PMP certification from PMI or PM certification from VITA is required - no other certification qualifies.
Local candidates strongly preferred
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation