Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
NCSBE requires a Project Manager to manage many concurrent projects in 2018 and 2019 including a replacement of the statewide Voter Registration system.
***ONLY local candidates that live within 60 miles of downtown Raleigh will be considered for this position! Please make sure to list where your candidate is currently located in the Question section on the Skills tab.
This position will support the NC State Board of Elections’ (NCSBE) requirement to fully modernize and replace the current Statewide Election Information Management System (SEIMS), by leveraging the state’s existing use of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft’s cloud solutions. The new SEIMS application will replace legacy capabilities and also automate manual business processes for six major components that include voter registration, voting, election event management, voting site management, board administration and systems functions. It will result in leaner elections administration by consolidating the current thirteen separate applications into one core application as a centralized web-based solution.
This project consists of over 10 subprojects and will be accomplished via a modified Agile approach, with Sprints nested within Waterfall phases.
The Project Manager will act as a consultant to:
• Accomplish the project’s human resource objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching team members; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures
• Meet project schedule and financial objectives by forecasting requirements; updating estimates to complete, preparing budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions, providing status reporting
• Advise IT and business stakeholders on pros and cons for different courses of action
• Perform other duties as assigned to complete project tasks and requirements
• Project Management, Planning, Developing Budgets, Tracking Budget Expenses, Estimate-to-Complete analysis, Process Improvement, Performance Management, Self-Development, Verbal Communication
• Replanning and providing forecasting for scope alternatives
• Status reporting
• Leading and mentoring the project team
• Stakeholder management
• Minimum 10 years’ experience managing projects (mandatory)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with MS Project: ability to link and maintain multiple projects into an overarching integrated resource-levelled plan using MS Project (mandatory)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with MS Excel formulas and spreadsheets to support budgeting, forecasting, and status reporting (mandatory)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working with cross functional teams (mandatory)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing projects that spanned the full Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) (mandatory)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience managing project teams of 15 or more people (mandatory)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience managing Agile projects (mandatory)
• Experience managing combined team of analysts, developers, and testers (mandatory)
• Demonstrable experience calculating and reporting earned value and project performance metrics (mandatory)
• Excellent verbal and written communication. Candidate should be able to communicate well with stakeholders.
• Good knowledge of business processes (mandatory)
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively (mandatory)
• Strong analytical skills (mandatory)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, native English speaker and writer or equivalent (mandatory)
• Understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Platform and its functional modules (desired)
• Agile methodology certification (desired)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (desired)
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation