Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Protection & Controls Design Engineer
Duration – 12 months +
Work location: Allentown, PA
Expected work schedule: 7-4 / 8-5
Utility Industry experience required
Engineering experience required
Relay Engineering (Protection & Control Standards Engineer)
1. As PPL’s on-site Standards Owner’s Engineer (OE), the contractor, in general, will lead the execution and review of our Protection & Control Standards. Typical responsibilities of this role are below:
a. Review current standards and look for areas of improvement. This information should be communicated with the Relay Engineering leadership team.
b. Research and benchmark industry trends and new technologies. This information should be communicated with the Relay Engineering leadership team.
c. Respond to material issues on projects as it relates to standard specifications and proposed alternatives.
d. Ensure revisions to standards are properly documented and communicated to Relay Engineering department and impacted project teams.
e. Assist the project teams with any standard challenges which may occur during construction.
f. Responsible for developing a decision evaluation matrix when evaluating items which affects scope, budget, and cost of projects.
g. Visit manufacturer facilities, when requested and along with PPL supply chain, to review and accept new protection and control products.
2. As PPL’s on-site Owner’s Engineer (OE), the contractor, in general, will lead the execution, review, and comment on standards work performed by select Standards Contractor(s) tasked with completing or updating Protection & Control Standards. Typical responsibilities of this role are below:
a. Leads the individuals required to administer, monitor, manage, and execute the contractor Protection & Control standards resources and activities associated with standards initiatives.
b. Responsible for coordinating information between other functional groups and design firms.
c. Participates in the evaluation of Protection & Control standards bid proposals and helps determine the successful engineering firm.
d. Provides the necessary technical expertise and oversight to the standards contractor to ensure deliverables meet expectations.
e. Responsible for the application of organizational policies. Elevates and reinforces a strong safety culture within the work group, through daily leadership, communication and behaviors.
f. Act as the Relay engineering lead for the standards project or initiative on PPL’s behalf.
g. Coordinating standards resources and schedules to meet established deadlines.
h. Guide the standards process through PPL’s established workflows and checkpoints.
i. Ensure the standards appropriately utilize PPL’s established philosophies.
3. Applicable standards that the Owner’s Engineer will be involved with include (but not limited to):
a. Control Elementary Diagrams (or Schematics)
b. Protection Elementary Diagrams
c. Panel Front View Drawings
d. Current and Potential Elementary Diagrams
e. Protection and Control Single Line Diagrams
f. Alarm Management Point Assignment Sheets
g. SCADA Point Assignment Sheets
h. Design Intent Documents
i. .RDB File Templates
j. Standard Logic Diagrams
4. Owner’s Engineer (OE) should have at a minimum a function knowledge (expertise is preferred) in the following areas:
a. Protection and Control Design
b. Protection Settings Evaluation
c. SCADA Design & Programming (Both PLC & Microprocessor based – OrionLX)
d. Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) utilizing Client JungleMux equipment
5. This Owner’s Engineer (OE) position will participate in site visits for project development if there are questions or concerns regarding the existing standards at the site and applying the latest standards. They may also be request to provide standards input into the scope development. This scope development will be used as the basis for the engineering design by the Design Contractor.
6. This Owner’s Engineer (OE) position may also complete miscellaneous design requests and initiatives that will require attention. These will be assigned by the Relay Engineering Leadership team.
7. This Owner’s Engineer (OE) position will be based out of the PPL General Office in Allentown. The position may be both office based and field based when required; the determination of work location will be based on workload and activities. PPL expects the OE to be flexible in reporting to a field location for field reviews and construction support.
8. We expect the contractor to work independently to organize and complete assignments by the set forth and agreed schedule.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please call me at 703-889-6713 or send me your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation