Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Sr. Accounting Assistant
Under minimal supervision, completes a broad scope of routine and non-routine accounting-related tasks within the Accounting/Finance Department. The incumbent at this level functions as a para-professional who may be assigned duties in the following areas: payroll, accounts payable, general ledger reconciliations and reviews, client billing, and/or general accounting functions.
• Processes craft payrolls utilizing construction accounting software on a weekly basis. Provides Certified Payroll Reports to the projects for craft payroll weekly. Prepares and processes monthly union payables. Maintains changes for union and prevailing wage/Davis-Bacon changes. Works with job sites, employees and unions.
• Processes bi-weekly hours uploads and postings for multiple payroll groups to include manual adjustments. Works with employees and managers to ensure compliance and accuracy with hours/timeclock entries and adjustments. Reviews/approves delegate requests for 3 Divisions.
• Reviews accounts payable entries in accounting system for accuracy and taxes. Reviews vendor entries for backup and state registrations. Enters vendors in Vendor Maintenance. Enters invoices into Online Check Request system. Audits invoices for appropriate support documentation. Matches information and documentation with accounting records.
• Receives accounting information from internal or external sources including: other Finance Department sections, other departments or divisions, other Parsons companies, vendors, unions, etc.
• Processes financial records. Prepares journal entries, sales/use tax reports, and client billings. Maintains standard accounting and financial records. Inputs information into a computerized accounting system. Prepares information for use by other departments, clients, and/or suppliers.
• Assists with audit requests.
• Answers inquiries and performs advanced analyses.
• Performs General Ledger and sub-ledger analysis, reconciliations and reviews.
• Prepares miscellaneous tax returns, such as gross receipts tax, business tax, and excise tax.
• Maintains detailed documentation for job duties.
• Provides guidance and training to job site personnel.
• Provide backup for Principal Accountant and Manager as needed for absences.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
2-year degree in Accounting, Economics, Business (or equivalent) and 3-5 years of related work experience, or High School diploma and 8+ years relevant experience within an accounting unit.
• Basic PC skills including, but not limited to, MS Windows, MS Word, and MS Excel.
• Must possess a strong working knowledge of Accounting processes and systems.
• Must be self-motivated, capable of performing with limited supervision, ability to work several simultaneous tasks.
• Must possess excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Viewpoint/Vista experience a plus.
• Accounting experience with a construction company.
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation