Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client is seeking to hire an Environmental Leader at our Fayetteville works site to advance the site environmental program and to lead, develop, implement and measure strategic initiatives to continuously improve our EHS performance. The successful candidate will provide leadership for driving environmental excellence through assurance programs and leading and lagging metrics that are executed at the site based on regulatory requirements, corporate requirements and site specific programs. The successful candidate will use their experience and skills to take us to the next level of environmental performance since we aspire to be nothing less than the best. The successful candidate will be focused to assure regulatory compliance and superior management of environmental performance.
The successful candidate will have the experience and capability to execute and oversee the execution of highly technical environmental work, and to collaborate with site technical, operations and maintenance personnel on EHS matters.
The successful candidate will also have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate the site EHS programs to regulatory agencies, the community and other key stakeholders in order to maintain and grow consent to operate. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, creative, conscientious individual who will bring a passion to ensure that Chemours environmental performance is a fundamental component of site success.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide strategic technical guidance, expertise and leadership as a site environmental resource
• Champion sustainability initiatives at the site
• Ensure transparent communication of environmental performance, programs and initiatives within the site, with regulatory agencies, and, with other external stakeholders.
• Develop programs to enhance and continually improve our environmental performance
• Execute assurance programs for site EHS programs
• Provide operations support with the Clean Water Act NPDES Wastewater Discharge Permit, the Clean Air Act Title V Permit, the RCRA Hazardous Waste Management Permit, the Land Application of Residual Solids Permit, the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan, the Chemical Diversion and Trafficking Act (CDTA) regulation, the corporate groundwater protection policy, and all other federal, state, and corporate environmental programs
• Lead the compliance efforts for operations for adherence to Clean Air Act regulations including New Source Review, New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, MACT Standards, the Title V operating permit, calculation of emissions inventories, air emission reduction initiatives, and other associated air program requirements
• Oversee preparation of required reporting to federal, state and local agencies, including, but not limited to, SARA 311/312/313, Title V Permit, Part 98 Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases, RCRA Hazardous Waste Permit, Land Application of Residual Solids Permit, Chemical Weapons, 112(r) Risk Management Plan, and the Corporate Environmental Plan
• Provide assistance with the preparation of the monthly NPDES Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR); certify and submit the DMR each month
• Provide assistance to the Corporate Remediation Group (CRG) with the on-site corrective action program
• Provide program management for the site Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) Program
• Participate in audits or other interactions with federal and state environmental agencies and respond to requests or notifications from environmental agencies
• Prepare and participate in negotiation of permit applications and renewals
• Complete environmental regulation applicability determinations
• Drive compliance activities with respect to regulatory and corporate requirements, routine and non-routine activities such as environmental impact assessments of operations projects or process changes
• Lead and/or participate in investigation of environmental incidents, implement system improvements to reduce potential for future events
• Lead and participate in 1st party environmental audits, ISO 14001 EMS audits and site(s) 2nd party environmental audits
To be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
• BS in a technical discipline preferably in chemical or environmental engineering, environmental science, or related discipline
• Demonstrated functional and technical expertise and environmental regulatory knowledge in air, water, and solid/hazardous waste
• Superior communication skills with experience communicating complex EHS issues
• Ability to foresee and anticipate problems and make appropriate adjustments to ensure compliance and minimize business risk
• Ability to read and interpret complex regulations and to work with the site to ensure compliance.
• Ability to take initiative, self-manage, identify what is needed and take effective action to bring about change and lead/implement change while maintaining Chemours' core values
• Experience in the preparation of Title V air permit applications
• Experience in various environmental related reporting, including Air Emission Inventory, CERCLA / EPCRA, NPDES DMR, MACT compliance submissions, SARA 311/312/313
• Minimum of 5 – 7 years of work experience in an environmental capacity within the manufacturing industry
• Knowledge of RCMS and ISO 14001 requirements
• Ability to provide environmental guidance in emergency situations and release response, including agency reporting as required
The following skill sets and experiences are preferred by the business unit:
• Experience working in a complex chemical environment, regulatory agency or consulting organization
• Experience leading EHS improvement in complex, highly visible situations
• Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint plus the ability to quickly adapt to new technology
• Six Sigma or Lean Continuous Improvement Certification
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation.
Apply by creating/using an account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation