Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Designs, supports, and maintains various infrastructure systems with a focus on Active Directory, Windows servers, and IT projects. Working with members of the Data Center team, provides expert knowledge on Active Directory components such as DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, PKI, certificates, ADFS, etc. and provides level III support for these technologies. Takes part in security audits regarding Active Directory or Windows systems and may help remediate vulnerabilities through Group Policy. May work with Microsoft Exchange while not necessarily being a SME. Acts as a lead for projects involving other applications or systems. It is important to understand that Active Directory management is only part of this role.
• Leads assigned areas of the IT Systems Infrastructure as well as junior engineers. Provides cross training and offers expert advice. Manages and develops infrastructure documentation.
• Reviews and designs systems that will support the infrastructure and business applications.
• Maintains and monitors infrastructure components for latest versions; performs health checks and maintenance, which may require after hours or weekend duties.
• Mentors junior members of the team while developing rapport, respect, and effective communication with all those interacted with, including IT and business owners.
• Leads and manages projects through completion while insuring minimal impact to the business and that various requirements and defined expectations are met.
• Evaluates solutions to meet infrastructure needs and makes recommendations to management for future strategies and tools to accomplish this.
• Performs third level support of issues in the infrastructure environment leveraging existing knowledge or support from vendors. This may include off hours support when needed.
CORE / CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
Demonstrates a Commitment to Service Excellence through Trustworthiness and Integrity
• Acts within and upholds the SCI Code of Conduct and Dignity Promise Standards while demonstrating corporate values.
• Is trusted by others; keeps commitments to others.
• Comes up with new ways to look at problems and processes in their work.
• Works productively with minimal supervision; achieves work objectives in a timely manner.
• Works to resolve routine problems promptly and effectively.
• Is open to new and different ways to accomplish work.
• Responds positively and productively to new initiatives or changes in priorities.
• Conveys facts and information clearly in written and spoken communications.
• Shares viewpoints and information openly and listens attentively to others' ideas and suggestions.
• Communicates in a timely and effective manner with their manager.
Collaborate with Others
• Proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others as needed.
• Welcomes ideas and input from others.
Build Productive Relationships (Internal / External)
• Relates to others in an open and helpful manner; consistently treats others with respect.
• Maintains composure in challenging situations.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent technical training is preferred.
• Typically requires a minimum 7-10 years of directly related experience as a systems engineer using various infrastructure components such as Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016, hypervisors, enterprise storage, networking and other applications listed below. Additional experience as a team lead, supervisor, or project manager is preferred. Longevity in a high level engineering role is required.
• Microsoft, VMware, and/or security certifications are a plus; existing certifications in some relevant areas of the job as described in the requirements section preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to troubleshoot a variety of technical problems and own issues through resolution while sometimes needing to engage others for assistance.
• Knowledge commensurate with experience level of the following programs/systems (three or more) as explained above.
- Active Directory – good knowledge of Group Policy, PKI and FSMO roles
¿ DHCP / DNS / ADFS expert
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
¿ System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012
- Microsoft Azure – especially networking and security concepts
¿ SMTP routing
¿ Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 or newer
- SQL Server 2012 or newer – knowledge of clustering
- Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC)
- Networking Concepts – VLANs, load balancing, VIPs, etc.
- VMware vSphere 5.5 or newer
¿ Design and networking with vDS
- Nutanix Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Cisco UCS or Client blade servers
- Enterprise storage solutions
¿ NetApp FAS or SolidFire All Flash Arrays
¿ Design, including knowledge of Fibre Channel (FC) zoning
• Strong understanding of server and networking fundamentals and concepts.
• Requires advanced understanding of technical concepts, very strong communication skills both verbal and non-verbal as well as the ability to function as an independent worker.
• Thorough understanding of client layer 2 and layer 3 networking as well as various network protocols and the ability to assist and train more junior level team members.
• May have acted as a manager, team lead, or project manager for various projects in an enterprise level setting, if possible.
• Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
• Limited amount of local and/or remote location traveling required
• Standard business dress is required.
• Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 8 hours per day
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
• Working a number of evenings every month and available for weekend work, if required.
Apply by creating/using account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com