Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Senior VMware Engineer will be part of the Telesis program providing critical design and support for the complex datacenter environments. This engineer must be able to work collaboratively with customers, application owners and other Telesis teams to provide exceptional customer service.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all virtual hardware, resources, systems and key processes.
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
- Developing scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive tasks.
- Evaluating requests for hardware and software; research and recommend solutions which meet or exceed the customer requirements.
- Planning and managing workloads, projects, and other administrative tasks associated with the Telesis Virtual team.
- Assisting with the design and remote installations of physical server hardware for the infrastructure.
- Performing the installation, configuration and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager and NSX.
- Developing VMware vCenter and vROps reports for performance, troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Developing custom blueprints and workflows using vRA and vRO to automate and simplify tasks.
- Provisioning and cloning virtual machines and server appliances as needed.
- Maintaining and restoring virtual machine "backups " and snapshots.
- Performing upgrades and applying patches or firmware updates to the virtual infrastructure software or hardware.
- Providing support for server hardware failures and assist remotely with hardware replacement.
- Participating in the on-call support rotation, responding to support calls both during and after business hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns.
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware.
- Developing and updating standard operating procedures and user guides.
- Completing service requests or incidents tickets in support of the virtual infrastructure.
- Collaborating with vendors, customers, Government managers, application owners and other Telesis team members as necessary for projects, tasks and customer support.
- Providing technical leadership and assume overall accountability for the successful management and implementation of customer projects.
- Bachelors and 6+ years or more experience; OR, High School equivalent and 8+ years of experience.
- Candidate must possess a US "Public Trust” clearance, Secret (or higher) clearance, or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience with VMware vRealize Automation and VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
- Experience with VMware vCenter and VMware vCenter/vRealize Operations Manager.
- Experience with implementing and supporting VMware VSAN.
- Experience designing solutions to improve latency and performance issues.
- Working knowledge of multiprocessing, threading, concurrency, distributed systems, load balancing and high availability.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
- Ability to drive efficient resolution of all incidents through analytical and structured approaches to problem solving.
- Experience and in-depth understanding of Active Directory, DNS and other Windows core services.
- Ability to learn new products and technologies.
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures and project documentation.
- Ability to research solutions for various business needs and technical problems; this includes evaluating alternatives and providing recommendations.
- VCP5 Certification or higher is highly desired.
- Experience with VMware NSX design and implementation.
- Experience with implementing and providing administration for various (Nutanix, Steelfusion, Hyperflex) solutions.
- Certifications: CompTIA Security+, VCP6-CMA, VCP6-NV e) Familiarity with Enterprise IT environments, tools, data management policies and architectures, and organizations.
- Familiarity with Windows, UNIX, and Linux server OS. g) Experience with ServiceNow and SolarWinds monitoring software.
- Experience with IT service management best practices.
Apply by creating/using account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com