Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is implementing a new system to replace an existing its mainframe application. A dedicated team of technical resources is in place and we require the services of a Network Security Engineer/Architect. This person will work closely with MassIT and MassDOT technical and business professionals to review designs and after MassIT approval implement and test firewall rule settings as well as provide troubleshooting expertise during incident response. The Security Engineering shall follow all applicable operational procedures as defined by the MassIT Security Engineering office. The Security Engineer will become proficient with Commonwealth of Massachusetts security policy and notify the project team if there are deficiencies in requested service prior to implementation activities. The Security Engineering will also review and comment on design documents and participate in team meetings either by telephone conference call or in person as necessary by the program or their supervisor.
· BA or BS in Computer Science or related field
· Minimum 5 years' experience with Enterprise Network and Security Technologies
· Minimum 2 years' experience of Secure System Design and Firewall Administration
· Extensive knowledge of Firewall, IDS, IPS (HIDS, NIDS, NIPS, HIPS) methodologies and concepts.
· Be familiar with Security standards such as HIPAA, NIST, FISMA, etc.
· Extensive knowledge and experience evaluating, designing, testing and supporting hardware and software based security
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of Network Communications principals, technologies and systems
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Network Operating systems
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Desktop Operating systems
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and other Web technologies
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Client Server technologies and software
· Experience with Amazon AWS, EC2, S3 or Azure and continuous deployment and delivery
· Ability to understand Internet Web Server software
· Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in interpreting and applying applicable policies and procedures.
· Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of network and application protocols
· Ability to deal with multiple levels of detail, depending on the requirements of specific projects
· Ability to understand and follow sometimes-complex oral and written instructions
· Ability to make periodic oral and written reports on the status of work being performed.
· Proven ability in technical needs assessment
· Ability to handle multiple tasks
· Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to perform related duties, as required.
Top Three Technical Requirements:
· Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and possess self-starter characteristics
· Hands-on experience with leading vendor security products (i.e. Checkpoint, Fortinet, Juniper, PaloAlto, etc).
· Experience with Amazon AWS, EC2, S3 or Azure and continuous deployment and delivery.
Apply by creating/using account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com
Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation