Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Route Contracts Engineer (OFFICE POSITION)
• Richardson, TX - United States
• Network - Full-Time - Contract
This job position will perform assignments of varied responsibility, scope and complexity. Day to day work can be comprised of acquisition/management of various right of way agreements/contracts and support, as an escalation resource for Outside Plant Construction as well as ongoing management of existing routes/sites, including the protection of established rights.
Responsible acquisition/management of all Master Right of Way agreements allowing the company to utilize major rights of way (e.g., railroad, power) for the installation, and operation of fiber network; working with Legal, Engineering and Risk Management to execute/manage contract agreements.
Manages, coordinates and negotiates Structure Access Agreements regarding Telecommunication usage of available space upon poles or within underground conduit of an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC), Power Company or other similar agency.
Manages, coordinates and negotiates Rail Crossing Agreements associated with Telecommunication fiber installation projects.
Management of existing right of way agreements including but not limited to agreement renewal, term enforcement, and payment authorization. SAP or other related accounting software experience is a plus.
Candidate should have telecommunications industry experience. Requires a broad range of skills within a professional discipline to effectively perform complex assignments; demands familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
• An Associate's degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years professional experience
• 4+ years of relevant experience in Right of Way Master Contracts
• 2+ years in Telecom fiber installation
• Ability to analyze contract laws, and other regulations regarding a telecommunications provider’s use of municipal and private rights of way.
• Ability to understand complex business plans and to successfully negotiate contract terms and conditions to meet company objectives.
• Ability to compare competitor agreements, note variations, and negotiate for equitable treatment in agreements.
• Experience with negotiation and execution of master right of way contract agreements.
• Familiar with utility construction application process at regulatory agencies such as DOT, railroads, state land departments, and forest services.
• Familiar with structure access request process allowed under the Telecom Act whereby a Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) applies to lease available space upon poles or within underground conduit of an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC), Power Company or similar agency.
• General familiarity with telecom outside plant construction terminology and techniques including facility locates, pole attachments, engineering plans, facility relocation, and directional drilling.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Google Earth and Adobe Professional and willingness to learn new applications.
• Proficient with the usage of attribute queries to select records from a database.
• SAP experience a plus.
• Legal experience a plus.
703 889 6714
Apply by creating/using account
About LanceSoft Inc
Lancesoft is one of fastest growing and largest clinical staffing firm in the U.S. and an employer-of-choice for over 1000+ consultants - this may be your opportunity to join us!
We recruit top-notch talent for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Technology, Telecom, Retail and Distribution, Energy & Utilities, Banking/ Finance, Manufacturing, Automobile, Media, Transportation, and Government clients coast-to-coast across the US, Canada and India. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry and
Want to read more about LanceSoft?
Click here to visit our website - www.lancesoft.com