Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Avionics and Digital Systems is looking for a Senior Technologist for Autonomous Systems to join its emerging autonomy team who can provide deep insight into emerging technologies – artificial intelligence, machine learning, autonomous vehicles, drones, etc. – for air transport. This person will develop our autonomy technology roadmap and influence the investments and the opportunities we pursue. In addition, this person will operate as a partner and advisor to business leaders by leveraging subject matter expertise, by providing sound, practical engineering and business advice, and by employing a creative approach to problem solving.
• Provide thought leadership on autonomy and autonomous solutions for the business
• Develop, lead and grow new technology concepts with strategic impact focused on autonomy, cyber-physical systems, and air vehicle applications
• Identify key technical issues and focus resources to produce cutting-edge technical breakthroughs in cyber-physical systems technology
• Lead pursuits and projects, building relationships, and developing of new autonomous systems technology
• Interface with business leaders and provide direction and guidance for technology roadmaps
• Build strong partnership with government and regulatory bodies in forming policies that promote industry, customer and business needs
• Actively participate in design and development of autonomous solutions
• Collaborate with Global Research Center, other divisions, universities and partners
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 4 years of experience in design and development of distributed cyber-physical systems, autonomous systems, robotic systems, simulation environments, and human-robot interfaces
• Minimum 4 years of experience developing autonomy solutions for a diverse set of problems (e.g. planning, positioning, perception, etc.) and domains
• Minimum 4 years of experience applying artificial intelligence models in real-world environments
• Must be a US citizen. Client will require proof of status prior to employment.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline focus on autonomy or autonomous vehicles
• Very strong understanding and experience in the fields of autonomy, artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning and related technologies.
• Well connected with external thought leaders, technology providers, and users of robotic and autonomous systems
• Strong track record as a thought leader and influencer
• Demonstrated leadership in advancing the state of the art in autonomy
• Ability to engage and interact effectively with senior management and with senior government executives, program managers, and contractors
• Familiarity with systems engineering processes including requirements definition, aircraft integration, flight testing, system safety, and requirements verification
• Familiarity with core robotics and autonomy concepts including path planning, kinematic and dynamic modeling of robots, perception, graphical simulation, and GUIs
• Experience in C / C++ / Python / Java programming, with ROS or other robotics middleware, with OpenCV, OpenCL, PCL, and CUDA, and with Machine and Deep Learning toolkits such as MXNet, TensorFlow, Caffe and Torch.
• Experience with sensor fusion, sensor integration, and wireless communication protocols
• Superior problem-solving skills, and independent decision-making abilities, all while operating in an extremely demanding, fast-paced team setting
• Strong presentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and with a team
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
• Willingness to travel up to 30%
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Client may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with
Notes from Intake Call:
• Candidate should have very strong business sense to speak to technical terms and abilities.
o Technical Knowledge- know the language
o Leadership skills
o Interaction with business leaders- ability to present project details
• Tech leadership of Autonomy
• Strong points of qualified candidates (should have min of 2/3)
o Autonomy learning
o Machine learning
o Artificial Intelligence
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply by creating/using an account