Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
NESCO Resource is currently recruiting for a Scientist for a 6-month contract position with our client in North Tucson, (Oro Valley), AZ.
Responsible for initiating, directing and executing scientific research, development and manufacturing process strategies to support new and existing products. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems. Plans and executes laboratory research. Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories. Makes contributions to scientific literature and conferences. Serves as an in-house and outside consultant. May act as a spokesperson for corporate scientific affairs and advise top management. Participates in development of patent applications. Promotes and participates in the professional development of scientists and laboratory facilities. Uses professional concepts to contribute to the development of product or process principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
- Conducts research and development activities for products, methods and/or processes.
- Projects are assigned with defined scope and goals.
- Direction is provided by more senior scientists, management or project leader.
- Participates in efforts to define new components, products or processes and identify technical challenges.
- Makes suggestions to improve work processes.
- Creates potentially patentable components for systems, reagents or processes.
- Plans and executes assigned projects; utilizes thorough technical and theoretical understanding of numerous techniques.
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and provides/implements process or document improvements.
- Applies advanced scientific knowledge to projects.
- Executes experiments; participates in experimental design.
- Utilizes DOE where appropriate.
- Participates in cross functional technical team activities.
- Shares knowledge and expertise with others.
- Participates in project planning, process updates and contributes to experimental design.
- Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to own or other groups.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: -
Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Strong understanding of scientific principles and concepts.
- Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents.
Experience with Tissue Diagnostics. Strong follow up skills (get new requests for help every day).
Experience with Medical Device or Pharma regulations (will be responsible for handling exception events ie. testing failures).
Formal Training/Education and Experience: Ph.D. degree in Science, entry level, or Master's degree with 3+ years, or Bachelors with 8 years relevant experience. If degree is in a non-scientific field Executive Committee approval is required.
For immediate consideration apply now and/or contact me directly: Kristy Ramos at 520-505-4667.
If you would be interested in other positions in Tucson, we have several additional opportunities available please see www.nescoresource.com for more openings. If you know someone looking for a new opportunity we will pay you for your referrals!
NESCO Resource was named Best of Staffing for both client and staffing 6 years in a row! We offer medical, dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance and 401K!! We are excited to work for you!
At NESCO Resource, our flexible staffing solutions include contract, contract-to-hire, and direct placement services. We employ specialized recruiters focused in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, and Manufacturing & Distribution.
Apply by creating/using an account