Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Responsible for procuring commodities, through development and implementation of commodity strategy plans. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, contract review and negotiation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Essential to have good communication skills both verbally and through electronic email
• Manage Site Manager and Corporate Headquarters' purchases for the creation of Purchase Orders
• Maintain supplier relationships and updates supplier information
• Maintain Supplier Data Warehouse data and submittals
• Track and maintain supplier delivery and quality performance
• Responsible for locating product and services and negotiating the best possible prices with selected vendors and service providers
• Review and negotiation of contracts
• Responsible for the organization's small business utilization program, including identification of small business qualified businesses, negotiation of contracts and purchases with small business to fulfill the company's small business goals. Will work closely with the Client Link SBLO (Small Business Liaison Officer)
• Preparation and submittal of Small Business Report to the government on a bi-annually basis.
• Receiving items into the purchasing software system
• Manage Client credit card purchase program & integration in to Client Arriba Purchasing system
• Manage company travel program.
• Maintain company HazMat registrations and reporting
• Maintain vehicle records and licensing requirements
• Work with shipping and freight forwarder vendors to assure reasonable pricing, compliance with regulations and on time delivery of goods
• Create, update and maintain compliance with approved purchasing procedures
• Create, update and maintain training guides for purchasing software applications. Compliance with and maintenance of purchasing related ISO processes and procedures
• Responsible for coordinating building maintenance in Colorado Springs
• Ability to build cross functional relationships with all levels of management
• Maintaining/Implementing Client Corporate Purchasing procedures and rules at Client Aviation sites.
o Act as Customs/Traffic Compliance Officer for Doss including implementation of required policies
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Any additional duties required by the CFO
• Other duties as assigned
• Travel as necessary (limited)
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree with 5-8 years' purchasing experience in defense contract industry or the equivalent in years' of experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates. The person must stay in the role a minimum of 2 years. If they leave within the first 12 months, the employee will be required to pay back 100% of the relocation assistance. If they leave within 12 months to 24 months, the person will be required to pay back 50% of the relocation assistance.
This person will be based in Colorado Springs, CO with travel to Pueblo, CO once or twice a week.
Purchasing within the government contracting sector is required.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply by creating/using an account