Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Metrologist
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 40+ hours/week
Seeking a metrologist to support precision metrology lab operations in the Hickory, NC. The right candidate will have a passion for precision engineering and metrology, have experience in metrology through industry practice, education, and/or research, and open to developing new knowledge and skills. The position will initially be full-time while having a duration of 8-12 months with the potential for future long-term employment.
Scope of Position:
• Provide metrology engineering and precision measurement services to product and process development teams and manufacturing customers.
• Support evaluation of state-of-the-art optical and dimensional metrology methods, equipment, and software for the advancement of clients competitive advantage
• Support the innovative spirit of the precision metrology organization
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Work directly with internal customers on:
o Establishing measurement request requirements including instrument selection, measurand definition, and uncertainty requirements, execute measurements, analyze data, and communicate results
o Executing high precision dimensional, coordinate, and surface metrology in support of manufacturing, product and process development, and fundamental understanding
o Performing data analysis and reporting of results using sound statistical methods
• Ensure effective preventative maintenance and interim performance verification of high precision metrology equipment
• Execute other tasks associated with day-to-day precision metrology lab operations
• Working knowledge of precision dimensional, coordinate, and surface metrology equipment and their metrological characteristics
• Knowledge of metrology fundamentals: metrological traceability, measurement uncertainty, calibration, metrological environmental effects, measurand definition, etc.
• Awareness of national and international standards relating to dimensional and surface metrology and measurement uncertainty
• Knowledge of PC-DMIS CMM software or other CMM software packages
• Desire to exceed internal customer expectations for quality and delivery
• Ambition and ability to independently fill gaps in knowledge and expertise through self-guided learning
• Knowledge of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5-2009
• Working knowledge of Matlab, Minitab, or other mathematical/statistical analysis tools
• Experience in computer-aided design using Pro-E, SolidWorks, etc.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis of data: standard deviation, mean, statistical agreement tests, data transformation, trend identification, regression analysis, curve fitting, etc.
• Ability to work closely with internal customers around the world to meet their requirements
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with ambition for technical growth
• Accountable for actions/behaviors
• Ability to work independently
Required Education and Experience:
• 2 year technical degree in field of mechanical, optical, or related engineering disciplines with 7+ years of experience in metrology.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Mechanical or Optical Engineering with an emphasis in, through education or research, in precision engineering and metrology with 0 to 3 years of experience in a related field.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply by creating/using an account