Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
There are 14 pieces of handling and process equipment in various states of the design cycle.
- Candidate will be able to write a preliminary scope of work and estimate the cost and schedule to fabricate the equipment.
- Candidate will leverage Keystone Tool and Die for the design work.
- Candidate will give input into establishing a baseline schedule, ways to reduce the schedule and provide a cost estimate for manufacturing the first primary piece.
- Candidate will work with division process engineers and S&T modeling resources process equipment requirements. Must have strong SolidWorks and simulation skills, experience in designing equipment, experience leveraging vendors for design of handling and process support equipment, appreciation and sensitivity for stress generated in glass during handling and manufacturing operations, team player and good communications skills.
• Work with project team members to solve difficult mechanical engineering and process equipment related problems, resolve project related issues and develop understanding of process and equipment design requirements
• Define and document machine design specifications, error budgets and mechanical design concepts. Design and follow construction of prototype and production process equipment, lead proof of concept and prototype tests to validate design concept, collect and evaluate data and make appropriate engineering recommendations
• Work with external machine builders, system integrators and suppliers to specify and successfully deliver fully integrated process machine systems to their internal Customers on-time, on-budget, to meet process performance measures
• Lead generation of construction drawings, installation drawings and ensure that final drawing packages reflect as-built conditions and satisfies Corning drawing standards
• Report on project activities, status and issues on a periodic basis to project and department leadership; Maintain records and track expenditures against allocated funds. Estimate time required to accomplish tasks and monitor performance against schedules
• Should be able to work in a team based environment and able to participate on a highly matrixed project team to execute project assignments, with minimal supervision
Education and Experience:
- B.S. / M.S. Mechanical Engineering
- 7 plus years in mechanical engineering experience in the design and development of production process machinery, dynamic mechanisms and/or automated systems
• Entrepreneurial, forward-looking, with knowledge of glass and ceramic manufacturing and precision engineering principles
• Experience with use of standard computer modeling and analysis software packages used in design of mechanical systems, including Solidworks and AutoCad design software
• Experience crafting systems for deployment in "clean room” or "contamination sensitive” applications and prior experience moving a new product / process from development into manufacturing
• Stress analysis, FEA skills
PPE: Will be reimbursed for safety shoes. Hardhat and ear protection will be provided if necessary. Will not reimburse for prescription safety glasses.
Manager Must Haves:
• Possess comprehensive understanding of mechanical design practices, flexible automation, robotics, material handling and system integration including development of process machine/system design specifications, error budgets, and proof of principle testing
• Experience developing and delivering fully integrated machine/automation systems to manufacturing requiring the integration of commercially available technologies into robust process manufacturing solutions
• Familiar with state of the art technologies in the following areas: electro-mechanical drive systems, fluid power, pneumatics, robotics, material handling, alignment, part sensing and safety standards
• Ability to effectively use external machine builders and system integrators for detail design, build, and integration of later stages of machine system implementation
• Proven skills in 2-D and 3-D CAD, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and knowledge of ANSI Y14.5-1994 drafting standard
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply by creating/using an account