Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Scope of Position:
• This position is in the Engineering Project and is focused on capacity additions and the associated line installations & debug from a mechanical perspective.
• Lead and/or participate on manufacturing engineering projects and support teams for the purposes of capacity installations, equipment debug, and preparing line/associated parts for Operations Receivership.
• As a supporting team member, provide mechanical discipline to proactively identify technical problems through root cause understanding coupled with robust industrialized solutions relative to line debug and installs.
• Leverage knowledge of mechanical engineering, machining & designing processes to improve performance of equipment/manufacturing process.
• Supports or leads new equipment/process introductions, and opportunities for improvement.
• Supports the development and execution of project plans to deliver timely error-free mechanical support for multi-line equipment installations
• Experienced with working along-side vendors and suppliers to resolve technical issues to protect scope, timing, and cost metrics.
• Ability to work across various functional groups on a daily basis to accomplish goals
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Maintain safe work practices, inform others of hazardous conditions or personal practices as expressed on project team.
• Design & implement mechanical solutions and process changes to improve capability of manufacturing equipment.
• Manage activities to meet milestone & timeline objectives for successful capacity adds.
• Solve mechanical and process issues through data analysis, experience and collaboration with subject matter experts
• Manage spare part identification and storeroom entry as recommended by suppliers or peer engineers; noting available spares within (2)-plant footprint.
• Develop and update engineering and operations documentation
• Support training for operations workforce regarding equipment or operations changes
• Periodic travel between Newton Cable Annex Facility and Hickory Cables Plant (est 10 miles)
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 40 hrs (overtime expected).
Due to the project timing; overtime and periodic off-hours coverage may be necessary to successfully complete workload and interact with other team personnel.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience:
• 5-10 years' experience in new equipment installations in manufacturing environment. Start-up experiences a plus
• Experience with new equipment installations and project expansions
• Experience in fast-paced changing environment with multiple priorities
• Ability to learn new technology and processes quickly
• Creative/innovative problem solving
• Strong technical fundamentals with mechanical engineering skills
• Proficient with CAD and Inventor/Solidworks,
• Experience with equipment design
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work on an independent basis in a fast-paced project install manufacturing environment
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively on all levels of an organization
• Project leadership/management experience (including milestone management and financial ownership)
• Experience in vendor/supplier management on-site/off-site
• Mechanical equipment and systems interactions
• Proficient with PC software including Microsoft Office Suite
• Detail oriented and able to perform with limited supervision.
• Ability to work & effectively collaborate within a team
• Ability to allocate/supervise resources to accomplish aggressive project milestones & timeline within specification and costs.
• Able to shift tasks quickly
• Able to prioritize and multitask
• Communicate effectively both verbal and written
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply by creating/using an account