Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Project Engineer I is responsible for the technical success of the small projects and tasks within the constraints of the allocated budget and schedule. The Project Engineer I role specifically is technical management and coordination of engineering to achieve compliance with customer technical requirements in the field of Power Distribution including AC and DC Power Conversion Equipment, Switchgear and Circuit Breakers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Drive good development processes and engineering practices
2. Project Management
Manage day to day technical aspects of the project, including cross-functional decision making, task/schedule management, issue resolution/escalation, and communication. Activities overseen include software, digital, electrical power, mechanical, configuration management, and systems engineering.
Conduct design reviews to ensure that product elements meet requirements (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, SVR, peer reviews)
Lead efforts for unit testing, integration testing, verification testing, and pre-production (qualification) testing.
Lead efforts for defect tracking and correction
Support technical efforts for customer upgrade requests and issue management for released products
Work with functional management to obtain and manage proper engineering staffing
Manage engineering budget and evaluate engineering Estimate to Complete. Identify to the Program Manager any cost growth and reasons for growth.
Coordinate hand off to Operations and Field Support efforts (in/out of house).
3. Other duties may include assisting engineering management in the development of plans, forecasts, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Broad based technical knowledge and experience in order to understand and evaluate design and development activity across the engineering functions. Preferred emphasis in Electrical Power Distribution/Conversion Engineering and Systems Engineering experience highly desired.
2. Ability to analyze the assigned project, break down work into functional disciplines and plan out a means for the work to be accomplished.
3. Familiarity with the military/defense contracting environment.
4. Outstanding written communication skills.
5. Strong verbal communication skills for internal and customer presentations.
6. Experience in leading integrated product teams.
7. Strong practical organization, facilitation and arbitration skills.
8. Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.Additional
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree in related Engineering field from four-year college or university. Advanced technical degree preferred.
2. 0-3 years of related technical experience and/or training.
3. Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
4. Specific experience in electronic power distribution/conversion equipment development preferred.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply by creating/using an account