Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The compounder is responsible for blending of all raw materials required in the preparation of bulk product
batches. This individual is responsible for accurately following manufacturing processes from beginning to end
and recording all pertinent information. Individual will combine raw materials according to specified formula
and/or recipe, observe temperatures, reactions, record necessary batch information, as well as obtain inprocess
and final batch samples at designated times to ensure quality and consistency of manufactured
product. Individual in this position is responsible for carrying out changeovers smoothly & efficiently. Works
directly with Industrial Chemist, QA and R&D personnel to ensure that products are properly blended and
ingredients used in the batch can be traced by quantity and lot.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. According to established formula and manufacturing process, weighs, stages and blends all raw materials in the
appropriate batching tank
2. Ensures that batch card procedures are strictly followed
3. Completes all necessary batch documentation according to standard operating procedure
4. Enters data into appropriate computer databases
5. Operates all processing industrial equipment according to operational procedures, safety requirements and
6. Cleans and sanitizes batching tanks, piping, pumps and other related equipment in accordance with area SOP's
7. Performs changeovers in a seamless and efficient manner
8. Obtains in-process and final batching samples and delivers to the Industrial Chemist and/or QC for testing
9. Performs product rework or adjustments as required
10. Ensures coverage of in process batches when on break
11. Performs all work in a manner that is consistent with the company's quality policy, good manufacturing
practices, including maintaining a clean and orderly working area at all times
12. Complies and enforces Safety policies and practices
13. Assists in maintaining all supplies by communicating as needed with the team lead and Supervisor.
14. Participates on cross-functional teams to assist with continuous improvement projects and/or supporting work
15. Performs other duties as assigned
16. Exhibits behaviors supportive of our Values:
a. Integrity and Honesty
b. Manage Safety In Our Business
c. Customer and Product Focused
d. Be Better Every Day
e. Lead By Example
Work under general supervision: routine duties are performed with minimal supervision; standard practices or
procedures are followed to proceed alone at routine work; occasional check of work while in progress; work is reviewed
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. College chemistry courses such as analytical chemistry are a plus.
3. At least 2 years of experience in batching position within a manufacturing environment required.
4. Previous experience with automated inline filling, capping, and labeling equipment is a plus
5. Demonstrated strong communication skills.
6. Ability to read and interpret documents and policies for operating and safety rules.
7. Be able to read production documentation to insure product integrity.
8. Be self-driven and learn as much as possible.
9. Work well with others and contribute to a positive environment.
10. Maintain a good work pace based on equipment driven speeds.
11. Be self-motivated.
12. Be able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends, and overtime as necessary.
13. Thorough knowledge of GMP requirements.
14. Ability to multi-task effectively in a busy, high stress environment.
15. Effective planning and organizational skills.
16. Must be able to work without constant supervision.
1. Standing: Long periods (a minimum of 6 hours)
2. Sitting: Occasionally for short periods
3. Walking: Long periods
4. Bending: Occasionally
5. Twisting of Spine: Occasionally
6. In some cases, must be able to lift and or move up to 50 lbs. regularly. The employee is required to request assistance for anything exceeding 35 pounds.
7. Distance Pushing/Pulling: under 35 lbs. without assistance frequently
a. notify your supervisor or lead of any quality issues quickly
b. follow your specific work instructions
c. stay customer focus throughout your operation
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply by creating/using an account