Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Encompasses technological and operating principles contained in all aspects of electrical communications, especially computer algorithms, architecture, operating systems, and software, for the usage, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computers and electronic devices used to control machines and manufacturing processes.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Considerable technical and content knowledge of the job.
Understands practical applications, able to solve complex problems, full mastery of regular situations encountered.
Independently able to solve the vast majority of problems and ambiguities by examine pertinent facts and evidence.
Seeks direction for issues that cross functional areas and/or have broad impacts. Works under limited site supervision.
Coordinates other activities beyond routine tasks.
Recommends process improvements, meets or exceeds deadlines, and able to maintain confidentiality and ensure compliance.
Contacts outside of immediate work group are frequent and broad.
May or may not have external contacts.
Contacts may be sensitive in nature.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Integrate field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems based the system design package enabling a fully-functional equipment platform.
• Work closely with controls engineers to implement control sequence logic (both time-based and event-based), fail-safe states, and process /equipment recovery sequences.
• Implement specified field devices to accomplish desired process / equipment functions, and compatible / compliant with site standards.
• Accurately estimate timeframe to complete assigned project work once scope of work is adequately defined and then complete work to agreed-to timeline.
• Participate in engineering project teams that are responsible to deliver robust, cost effective automation and process machine systems to clients manufacturing plants and processes.
• Work within project teams to support the solving difficult automation problems, resolution of project related issues, and development of fundamental understanding of technical / process requirements critical to system success.
• Drive the deployment of defined control architectures, control system standards, and system integration that will satisfy process and manufacturing requirements.
• Interface with external system integrators and machine builders to enable project deliverables.
• Actively participate in project fabrication, off-line integration and testing, drawings and documentation, installation, production start-up support, training of plant personnel, and technology transfer.
• Report to project leader on assigned project activities on a pre-determined basis.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Acts and makes decisions in the best interest of project team.
• Complies with all policies and procedures of project team.
• Strong written and verbal communications and overall people skills.
• Resolve conflicts with peers, customers, etc.
• Experience preferred with Beckhoff, Labview, Allen-Bradley, Allen-Bradley Safety PLCs, iFIX SCADA, FANUC robots, FANUC CNC machines.
• Manufacturing experience and ability to work in a manufacturing environment.
• Computer vision system experience.
• Experience with programming manufacturing systems using higher level programming languages: o C++ or C# o VB or VB.Net
• Robot programming skills.
• Sound knowledge of the rules and regulation relating to implementation and best practices in electrical system design and implementation: o National Electric Code o NFPA 79 Specification o NFPA 70e Specification o ANSI and IEC electrical symbols o Grounding and shielding of electrical systems
• Able to work with external machine builders and system integrators for build, and integration of later stages of system implementation.
• Experience integrating field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems into an overall controls package enabling a fully-functional equipment platform.
• Experience with PID control loop tuning and techniques.
• Experience working closely with IT & process engineers to implement control sequence logic (both time-based and event-based), fail-safe states and process / equipment recovery sequences.
• Experience with graphical user interface and human machine interface.
• Experience working within engineering project teams.
• Accurately estimates timeframe to complete assigned project work, once scope of work is adequately defined, then completes work to agreed-to timeline.
• Understanding of electrical design practices, machine / motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, robotics, programming, and system integration.
• Demonstrated ability to support the development and delivery of fully integrated machine and motion control, automation, and process machine systems and solutions within a manufacturing environment.
• Familiar with state of the art technologies in the following areas: control systems integration, controls architectures, PLC's, motion control systems, electro-mechanical drive systems, robotics, part sensing, vision, risk assessment, and safety systems.
• Ability to work in a team based environment and lead or participate on a highly matrixed team.
• Possesses an understanding of general mechanics and ability to apply that understanding during troubleshooting and system implementation.
• Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Highly motivated, results oriented, customer focused, with a high commitment level.
• Must be able to program in ladder logic or equivalent.
• Experienced in the checkout and verification of electrical control panels.
• Must be Microsoft Excel savvy
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 8am - 8pm and 8pm – 8am 2-week rotation
Education: AAS Required, Field in the sciences
Experience: 5+ Years
PPE: Steel toe shoes and safety glasses
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Apply by creating/using an account