Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Assembles electronic components, subassemblies, products or systems by performing any or all of the following duties, depending on assignment. The individual in this position has the responsibility and the authority to carry out assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reads work orders, follows production drawings, process instruction sheets, and sample assemblies or receives verbal instructions regarding assembly.
• Performs complex and specialized assembly or rework functions that include but are not limited to attaching mechanical and electrical components; wiring harnesses, soldering connections, and intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating and color coding parts and assemblies. May involve use of manual and semiautomatic assembly machines and tools.
• Client-assembles product to any level and effectively performs rework/repair activity to achieve acceptable function, configuration, or airworthiness condition.
• Performs material control functions, including picking components off stockroom shelf into work order kits, picking material into KanBan kits, applying material control identification, inventory counting and control, inventory requisition transactions using ERP system.
• Performs serialization and product ID labeling, operation of PC based serial number database program, CodeSoft label generation computer program and form feed label print machines
• Performs operation of semi-automatic component insertion circuit card assembly machine, including download of software control files from intranet into local PC, setup and operation of the station.
• Performs hand soldering of through hole components to the specifications standards of IPC-A-610B, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities.
• Performs hand soldering of surface mount components to the specification standards of ICP-A-610B, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities as required by assigned department.
• Performs dimensional and visual acceptance inspection of all assigned products, including mechanical, electronic, subassembly and final assembly levels to IPC-A-610B and L-3's ISO SOP and WI standards documents, and able to retain continual certification to perform such activities.
• Performs activities associated with masking, application of spray coatings, and demasking of electronic circuit card assemblies, requiring the proper use of respirator gear and spray equipment.
• Performs microcircuit chip programming functions, including download of software fuse files from intranet into local PC, setup and operation of microchip programming station and labeling of the component with revision and ID tags.
• Performs operation of Table Top Wave machine, including setup and sampling of temperature monitoring devices, speeds and feed rates, and inspection of adequate solder flow.
• Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics on complex and specialized components.
• Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
• Perform Assembly Test Procedure (ATP) on some products.
• Demonstrates functional cross training knowledge within all major requirements of the assigned department, and demonstrated willingness to support any area of the business.
• Ability to lead team and assist other assemblers by answering questions and demonstrating moderately complex assembly and troubleshooting procedures.
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
Apply by creating/using an account